Pull the trigger?

Chesleyfan

Hey y'all.

So I'm sure you get lots of threads like this, but here goes:

I'm a grad student majoring in geology, and this is my second semester. Our department had a large influx of new grads this year, one of the new girls and myself have hit it off pretty well. Last Friday on a class field trip we ended up spending most of the day talking, and then spent the evening hanging out (along with some other students). The next night we met at school, ended up talking more than studying, and went out for some drinks. At the end of both nights she invited me back to her apartment to just hang out; I declined the first night (I really needed to get up early the next day) but the second night I went back to her place. Nothing happened, but after I went home she left a message on my voice mail saying she had a really good time.

We see each other every day at school. Tuesday night she invited me out for a drink, but I couldn't make it. Today she stopped by my office and hung around even though I was basically ignoring her while I helped some of my students with lab work. After everybody else left we talked for about two hours, and then I drove her home. We're suppose to go out tomorrow night, again.

Now, typically, I'd like to think that I can usually pick up on whether someone is interested or not. Then again, I haven't actively dated in nearly a year and maybe I'm rusty in the saddle. I have noticed some positive signals:

-- she tends to laugh at all of my "jokes"; and, while I'd like to think I DO have a good sense of humor, she laughs a LOT more than most people do

-- she's been dropping by my office quite a lot lately, when prior to last weekend I would rarely see her outside of class

-- ...and when she does stop by it's usually small talk

-- if conversation stops between us, she's usually the one who starts it up again, and during lulls in the conversation she repeatedly says she has to get going but never actually goes

-- she's mentioned several times how she enjoys hanging out (and yeah, I enjoy hanging out with all my friends, but I rarely verbalize it)

Conversation is great, by the way. I don't feel like I have to force anything. Of course, I feel that could be a double-edged sword: she pretty much feels like she can tell me anything, which I've found in the past usually leads to a quick run into the friendzone (and I'm like the LeDainian Tomlinson of the friendzone).

There's very little flirting in conversation (or at least very little that is overt). She's mentioned that sometimes she is "too nice" to guys and they seem to take it the wrong way (i.e. romantically). She mentioned once that she enjoyed being single for a change, but has also expressed that she is "unfortunately" alone.

I don't want to be one of those poor saps that takes her being "too nice" as signs of interest, pulls the trigger, then makes things awkward afterward; I do have to see her on a fairly regular basis, after all, and I enjoy hanging out with her even without any romantic pretext. On the other hand, I would like to see where this could go if she's willing, and I have yet to hear her utter one of those hope-dashing phrases "You're like a brother to me" or "I'm glad were such good friends" that precludes anything but friendship.

Opinions? Am I just obtuse to the point of naivete? Or am I reading too much into an otherwise fast developing friendship?

Hi,

Opinions? Am I just obtuse to the point of naivete?

Doesn't look bad.

Just keep doing whatever it is you are doing, but try and touch her.

Take a look at her necklace and comment on it and touch it (typical) and touch her arm when leaving a room etc.

Make touch.

Ariadne

Ps: Whatever you do, don't tell her "I have developed feelings for you" or something like that, just test the waters and if she lets you, touch her more till you kiss her.

Sorry...can't help myself......

Geology rocks! :bunny::p

/OT Sounds to me like she's into you. I say go for it.