Ugh! My friend wont listen to me..

ls707

I have a friend who is dating this girl for 4 years after which they got married. During those 4+ years he cared for her well; found her a job at his company; took her into his home and loved this girl off literally to the point where he did anything and everything to make her happy.

He comes from a small town traditional French family. His parents have been married all their lives; and i guess he envisioned the same thing for himself. Well she ended up cheating on him 9 months after they got married. Sad eh? I keep wondering why the heck she agreed to marry him in the first place just to end up cheating on him in such a short span of time.

Heres my problem; hes a good guy; and he will never admit it cuz of his modesty. Hes always ready to help and is of a caring and honest nature. The small town boy in him i guess. But he wont let go of his wife; and in a sense she understands what she has lost and is trying to get back into his good books. I think shes succeeding. He took her out to dinner and has been hanging around her repeatedly. Basically shes preying on his good side and putting up this whole "bad girl turned good" theme which me or our mutual friends are not buying into.

I have been totally against him keeping contact with her; I told him the whole story about "once a cheater always a cheater". He showed me her facebook pictures once, and over 3/4 of em are with people and guys he doesnt even recognize. She gave up her job at the company my friend is at and was working some where else but now isnt working due to an injury she suffered in a bike accident.

He keeps telling me that she will have to do a lot to make it up to him and get back into the relationship with him. I told him; even thats a bad idea.

I also feel like this whole bike accident thing she underwent has softened him up and therefore makes him feel more responsible for her cuz shes in a weekend state. But I have this bad feeling within me that she is just gonna burn him again. She was cheating behind his back for a while after they married and not only that kept it from him so well; until she slipped up.

Deep down inside, hes bothered by another fact, she can ass-rape him in divorce court as well. Our western judicial systems are setup so that she can take away half even if it was her fault, according to him. I think thats a load of BS. Sorry I am sorta upset that one of my good long time friend ended up with a person like her. He doesn't deserve her; he didn't do anything to deserve anything like her; he deserves way more better.

How do i make him see this? How do i make him stop letting her pull the wool over his eyes? His family is telling him to dump her for good/ but he isn't complying. He keeps seeing her on a weekly basis and keeps holding on to the fact that there is still a chance for her to get back with him; which me and our mutual friends agree would be a pretty bad idea.

Oh; I tried talking him into dating some other girls in the interim; but that hasn't worked out to well; his thoughts of her are still keeping him back. I have no idea how to solve this one.

Suggestions or ideas are welcome.