Should I go to crush's bday party?

spookie

I feel like somewhat of a joke for creating yet another thread about yet another guy, but I really need some advice y'all.

Anyway, I was in a relationship with someone I loved very much for three years. We broke up in April and have been in NC since June.

This semester I am living with 4 people, one of whom is an attractive foreign exchange student from Germany. We're involved in a FWB relationship, which doesn't confuse ME in the least. I like him as a friend and in bed, but I have zero feelings for him for various very good reasons. I want to date other people and I genuinely encourage him to do the same. The FWB set-up was his idea initially, so I don't feel like I've been misleading, but lately he's been acting like he might like me, which makes me want to put a halt to this whole thing. I don't want to hurt anyone.

Anyway, here is my dilemma. Tonight the FWB and I met up with a friend of a friend of his. It was both of our first times hanging out with this guy and I really liked him! We had a lot in common and I was attracted to his intelligence, way of life, and sense of humor. I think he liked me as well. At the end of the night, he got my email address and said he'd send me and the FWB invites to his bday party, which is on Thursday.

FWB was obviously uncomfortable with our conversation and later told me that he didn't like this guy and wasn't going to go to the party. So my options are go alone (awkward?), go with a friend (weird and rude?), don't go (uninterested?), or suggest, via email, an alternative (inappropriate?).

What do you all think? I liked him a lot. We really connected, and I don't connect with people often (although, lately, it's felt that way). He's a little older (27-30, I am 21) and likely more experienced than me at the whole dating thing, so I'd like some advice on how to proceed before i make any mistakes.

• Author

I'm really freaking out. Would it be weird for me to go if FWb doesn't? Am I overanalyzing? Should I just drag another friend along and go?

Bring another friend to the party. Don't worry so much about what the FWB thinks, like you said - you only want to be friends with him. I think it's very wise of you to keep your options open and going to this party is a great way to do that.