I'm a crazy horny mess

spookie

I have a new roommate this year - a foreign exchange student from germany - and I swear, I am completely in love with him. He's cute, but that's not whynI like him - I like how friendly, perceptive, and cynical he is, all at once. How intelligent. He is literally one of the couple of guys I've ever met in my life that I've felt this way about - and the first one since my ex.

Unfirtuatnely, my behavior today makes me question whether or not he will ever respect me - and how to win back that respect.

He barely knows me. Today, after a couple hours spent having good conversation with lots of eye contact etc, I took him to hang out with my friends. It;s hard to explain how my friends and I are around each other, but think about this: the reason we are all friends with each other is because all of us love pushing social boundaries. That's what we did - and I think it made the german really uncomfortable. He acted like he was having a good time, but he wouldn't join our antics, and, I must admit, as usual, we were doing some pretty crazy ****: we took turns acting like babies, for example, as well as fncking each other in the mouth with our fingers. The german thought I was drunk, and on the way back home, he lectured me on the hazards of smoking (he thought I was high, too). It didn't help that I almost killed him in the car by running a read light, even htough I was neither of those - I'm just a crappy driver.

Anyway, is there hope? I like him so damn much, and it's frustrating to me how, once again, I scare guys whenever I let myself have a good time and be myself.

You showed him your real personality... he didn't like it.

I'm not sure where you want this to go, you want to pretend to be someone you're not to get this guy?

• Author

Well the thing is, though I was being "myself" last night and it's likely he just didn't like it, I have many other aspects to my personality that are less intimidating that I should have showed first.

Ugh. I know nothing can possibly happen (he's my roommate and it would be creepy) but he is so freaking cute that I can't stop obsessing about it.

Mustang Sally

Maybe I just don't get it.....

Meaning, the behaviour you are describing you and your friends participate in with each other.....

But I can see why another person (who doesn't behave in those ways) might think you all were doing mind-altering substances or something.

That kind of behaviour wouldn't be attractive to me either. If he is turned off by it, and you and friends still think it's cool....then he's not one for you.

• Author
Maybe I just don't get it.....

Meaning, the behaviour you are describing you and your friends participate in with each other.....

But I can see why another person (who doesn't behave in those ways) might think you all were doing mind-altering substances or something.

That kind of behaviour wouldn't be attractive to me either. If he is turned off by it, and you and friends still think it's cool....then he's not one for you.

The only way I can describe what we actually do is acting that we try to take as far as it can go.

I'm not this way around other people (not to this extent, anyway) but these hyper artsy friends of mine bring out the crazy side of me. I just wish this guy didn't have to see it so soon, the entire spectacle must have been frightening. We probably seemed like a cult or something.

spookie

Continue to be yourself. Don`t change a thing. If he is uptight about it all it is probably a new experience for him. Often the things that are different are what make a person attractive. it just takes a little time maybe.

You`ll get to his inner freak in due time:p

And then he may show you a thing or two:laugh:

• Author

Oh man this is getting more complicated.

Turns out he wasn't weirded out last night at all. We hung out all day today and have plans to go out in the evening. I still can't tell if he likes me or is just super friendly, but at this point I'm completely infatuated. The way I'm acting (flirty, self conscious) is making all the other roommates really uncomfortable and I don't know how to stop.

Ugh. How am I going to be able to live here?

I was sort of wondering the same thing. At this rate, how ARE you going to continue to live there? You should start putting together an exit strategy if you're going to continue to pursue this guy - it may get very awkward around your household pretty soon.

Oh man this is getting more complicated.

Turns out he wasn't weirded out last night at all. We hung out all day today and have plans to go out in the evening. I still can't tell if he likes me or is just super friendly, but at this point I'm completely infatuated. The way I'm acting (flirty, self conscious) is making all the other roommates really uncomfortable and I don't know how to stop.

I like the title to this thread better.

Spookie, you are kookie fun. Don't start trying to impress him. Just be yourself.

He sounds a bit reserved and he might just be feeling a little insecure himself about fitting in and making friends in a new dynamic of people.

Seems as though he does like you. At the very least he is hanging in so if you just make a cool friend that is the wave I would ride for a bit.

Have you walked into the living room in a black turtleneck and black tights doing the Sprockets dance then vogued a pose and asked him with a cocked eyebrow if he would like to "Touch your monkey?".

(disclaimer....I don't know if I would recommend this just yet....but I find it funny).

You shot yourself in the leg. It happens. You dont have to perform various stunts to get attention to impress him. Showing a little cleavage or thigh is enough most of the time.