I'm thinking of approaching women in public and need some tips

DateAnalyzer

DateAnalyzer

Can I go up to her and say-"Do you know CPR??

Then she says-"WHY?

Then I say-"Because your Beauty may just stop my heart"

Is that Creative????

what if she says no?

what if she says yes?

what if she says que?

what if she says eh?

Depending on the situation and location it might work; in the bar maybe, the streets in a city; probably not.

I wouldn't use a cheesy line like that, best response you'll probably get is a giggle and a shake of the head as they exit stage left. Basically you are saying "uh I don't know you or anything about you but but yer purty" Lines are cheesy. Here instead say something like this (my personal favorites you will owe me royalties every time you use it) girl walks by wearing UGS (big fuzzy boots for skiers) in the middle of spring.

Me-Excuse me, are we expecting a snow storm?

Her- ....Whatever she says

Me- because I'm really not dressed for one and I saw you were preparing for a snow storm -pointing at the ugs then I'll usually compliment her on her good fashion sense for an eskimo. It's a fun lead in to a conversation

or

if she has a big purse, bag

Me-Hey could I borrow your purse I'm trying to smuggle some of my cousins over the border .

Say it with a big smile, let her know you are being playful. If she doesn't stop and talk, you just gave her a great story intead of "Some guy just used the cheesiest line... listen to this."

People have the wrong idea about lines. All you should use a line for is to get a woman's attention and start a conversation. Then start a real conversation.

LucreziaBorgia

If a complete stranger were to come up to me on the street and drop a line on me like that, he better be looking like Ryan Reynolds because nothing less than an extraordinary looking, or extremely intriguing or interesting guy is going to get away with something like that.

That sort of thing might work in a hooking up atmosphere like bars where people are drunk and find stuff like that funny, but I can pretty much guarantee you that in a broad daylight 'on the street' setting, lines like that come off as creepy and/or annoying (unless of course you are top level good looking or interesting, or at the very least famous in some way - in which case cheesy lines can be overlooked). ;)

Seriously though, I wouldn't recommend starting a conversation with a line like that. "Hello" and some favorable comment about a common interest will get you a lot further.

If a complete stranger were to come up to me on the street and drop a line on me like that, he better be looking like Ryan Reynolds

LOL!

I agree..

You know I like the simple "Hello, my name is <name>, how are you doing today?"

DA that's a lame line and you won't get far with it. But you said you're giving up dating until october anyway so maybe you can practice some more lines between now and then.

SadandConfusedWA

Years ago, I had a French guy approach me randomly and say "Do you know that French men are best lovers in the world?" in his cute accent. Now, normally I would be creeped out by a line like that, but the way he said it and his smile made me smile back and start the conversation. It didn't hurt that he was really good looking too.

If you're going to use a cheesy line that implies "gosh your purty" you might as well just say "stop. I saw you walking and felt you were really attractive, and I just had to stop you and say hello." I've seen that one work at the mall.

Anytime you approach a girl it is in public unless you approach her in your bedroom, at which point, she already wants to take her pants off. You don't need a line; you need intent. Not sexual intent. Intent on making her reveal something interesting about herself (hook) and then rewarding her for it (line), and then sharing something personal about yourself (and sinker).

• Author
DateAnalyzer
If you're going to use a cheesy line that implies "gosh your purty" you might as well just say "stop. I saw you walking and felt you were really attractive, and I just had to stop you and say hello." I've seen that one work at the mall.

Anytime you approach a girl it is in public unless you approach her in your bedroom, at which point, she already wants to take her pants off. You don't need a line; you need intent. Not sexual intent. Intent on making her reveal something interesting about herself (hook) and then rewarding her for it (line), and then sharing something personal about yourself (and sinker).

I thought about doing that but the hard part is saying it without SHAKING and STUTTERING. I always thought that was a good opening too

Then she says-"WHY?

Is that Creative????

No, this makes her wonder how many women you've said that to. You need to say something that sounds like it's only to HER.

One thing men should always remember is that women like to feel that they're special.

• Like 1

There are a number of different ways to successfully approach women in public. None of which I have ever had any success with.

But the common denominator is the same as it is on the dance floor....the man must lead. Women are good at talking to children and other women. It is a rare woman indeed that can actually talk to a man.

And very , very few women really know this.

There are a number of different ways to successfully approach women in public. None of which I have ever had any success with.

But the common denominator is the same as it is on the dance floor....the man must lead. Women are good at talking to children and other women. It is a rare woman indeed that can actually talk to a man.

And very , very few women really know this.

See the thread I just started as to why.

whichwayisup

Then she says-"WHY?

Is that Creative????

Honestly - If I was walking down the street and some guy said that to me, I would laugh. It's so corny and so not a pick-up line. At all.

You see a woman that catches your eye - Say to her, "Just wanted to tell you, I think you're very beautiful. And, I hope you have a wonderful day..." Smile at her, then slowly walk off with that smile still on your face. BUILD upon that. Who knows, maybe if you speak from your heart instead of coming up with catchy cliche lines, a woman will pick up on that energy and something could happen. (And, when I mean happen, I mean, a coffee, or a phone number exchange.)

whichwayisup

Funny, I only read and replied to DA's first post - Now I see you more or less suggested the same thing.

Telling a woman that you think she's beautiful DA, not only will it make HER day and make her feel good, but it will bring YOU happiness and help you gain that confidence. Doing something nice, BEING nice to someone without expectation is important too...;)

• Author
DateAnalyzer

So does it always mean that a woman looks at you or askes you for directions that she is trying to get a guy's attention? I just need to know when it's ok to approach someone

So does it always mean that a woman looks at you or askes you for directions that she is trying to get a guy's attention? I just need to know when it's ok to approach someone

Nope...big mistake guys make there.

Women hate it when they're just asking a guy a question and he thinks they're flirting with him....and they're not.

Oh, about approaching women, and let us just for the sake of argument assume you mean attractive women, in public. Here is my observation....

Not that I have been even remotely good at it, but....the guys that do the best are the ones that can actually create insecurity in a woman without insulting her. An extremely difficult and talented task. Which explains why I have generally failed to get anywhere. I try to make a woman feel good about herself.

But, I have observed, the master players all invariably create doubt within a woman which sets her up to prove herself. It is such a difficult thing to do I can barely describe it. But, you know it when you see it done.

And it works well. Scores of books attest to this method. But, some cats got and some cats don`t. If it isn`t in your genes I doubt you will ever be able to learn it. It goes against the grain for me. I just can`t wrap my mind around the idea.

• Author
DateAnalyzer
Nope...big mistake guys make there.

Women hate it when they're just asking a guy a question and he thinks they're flirting with him....and they're not.

Well I always thought that-lol I would say-"Damm wouldn't be easier for her to just ask me my name?

Here's a tip that I think will help you the best: start watching men and women in public and how they interact with each other. A really fun activity is to do this in a bar. You don't even have to hear what they're saying.....just watch their actions and body language. You'd be surprised at how interesting this is. My favorite is when the woman stomps out the door.

I think if you do this for awhile, you'll start to get a feel for when to do what.