Why hasn't he kissed me?

gamervixen

I met this really great guy online about 2 months ago. We talked online for about a week, and then he asked me out on a date. Since that date, we've been going out about once a week. I'm not sure if he likes me? We've been on about five dates, and he hasn't even held my hand yet, let alone kissed me. He only calls me once a week to ask me out for the weekend, and the conversation never lasts for more than five minutes. But then again, he also introduced me to some of his coworkers and friends, and he made it pretty clear that we were dating (although he did not call me his girlfriend).

I have no clue what is going on. If he didn't like me, wouldn't he stop asking me out? But then again, if he does like me, why hasn't he made a move yet? Any suggestions/ ideas would be much appreciated, because I'm very confused :confused:

KingCrimson

Why haven't YOU bothered trying to kiss him?

5 dates. trust me, he;s interested. Either that or he wants to be your BFF, or is gay. He sounds like me, shy, and afraid to make the fiurst move with a girl . Just straight up tell him you like him/want to make out with him.

Maybe he has oral herpes.

What is his body language like? What goes on at your dates? What do you talk about? Are you sure you're not just friends?

He probably is interested, just shy. You can kiss him first if you want. Or else be more obvious with YOUR body language about the fact that you're interested. Touch HIS hand, be more playful.

... or be creative and open the door for him. Then if he doesn't act on it you can flat out ask what's up.

Maybe something playful like, "I had a great time tonight, but I have to be honest, if you aren't willing to kiss me now then I might have to just move on." Say it with a playful smile or something, but mean it. I think that provides MORE opportunity than a man should ever get.

• Author

lol, I suppose that IS always a possibility. :laugh:

Seriously, though, I did meet him on a dating website, so I assume he doesn't just think of me as a friend. On the other hand, his body language is really closed down. No clue why he keeps asking me out. He is a little nerdy :love: (so adorable!), so maybe he's just nervous? I am tempted just to kiss him on our next date, but I don't want to scare him. Whew! I'm glad I'm not a guy - I do not envy men for having to ask girls out, make the first move, try for the first kiss, etc. :D

• Author
Why haven't YOU bothered trying to kiss him?

5 dates. trust me, he;s interested. Either that or he wants to be your BFF, or is gay. He sounds like me, shy, and afraid to make the fiurst move with a girl . Just straight up tell him you like him/want to make out with him.

Fair enough. Do shy guys like girls who make the first move? Well, I suppose there's one way to find out... I just hope I don't get slapped! :laugh:

shockandawed

Reading signals can be so frustrating early on. How old are you both? I would agree that with 5 dates he is pretty interested.

I wouldn't ask him, just be playful. Bump against him, put yourself in the position, long walk, sharing photos, etc..and i wouldn't be afraid to make a move. If he rejects you or is scared off after 5 dates, there could be other issues at hand.

• Author

We're actually in our mid-twenties - so sad. I agree that there could potentially be other issues. Maybe he's just inexperienced?

shockandawed

Maybe he is just inexperienced. Do you know anything about his past? Has he dated much, any serious relationships? Maybe you are the first girl he has dated in awhile.

Here is another possible gauge. You mention you met on a online dating site. Obviously, like you said, he should be looking to date by having a profile on there. Is it still there? Is he active daily? If I had gone out with someone 5 times, I probably wouldn't be logging in daily if I even still had the profile active.

• Author

Very smart! I checked, and since I deleted my profile last week (I was on a free trial), he hasn't been active. I think that's a good sign.

Unfortunately I don't know too much about his past relationships (I've been engaged more than once, so I've been avoiding that talk).

Unfortunately, there are guys out there who know they have oral herpes who will kiss you (and do a whole lot more) without ever telling you they have it. Jerks.

So if that's the case, this guy is being respectful.

shockandawed

That is a very good sign, sounds like it may be more of a case of not wanting to scare you off and being a little hesitant.

Like I said, put yourself in favorable positions. If toward the end of the night he hasn't tried, go ahead and make a move yourself. 5 dates is not being too forward.

Please update.

• Author

Thanks for the advice, everybody! I made an effort to be more affectionate, and I got a hug - well, at least it's a start, right?