what are some things I should discuss on the phone before the FACE to FACE Meeting?

DateAnalyzer

DateAnalyzer

About 3 or 4 Times in 2007, I was told that I don't give off a 32 year old vibe, more like a teenager. And I'm wondering if it's because I never discuss these things before meeting?

Relationship history

Sex

My conversation is more about TV shows, daily life, and hobbies. none of the girls could give me an example as to why they feel i'm 18 instead of 32

you should ask her about herself and talk less about yourself. also, keep the phone conversations short....5 to 10 min max until you know her better. only girls talk on the phone for hours and hours

Trialbyfire

Don't forget the following questions:

1. Will you pay for your half of the date?

2. What are your measurements?

3. Send me naked pics so I can tell if you're cute or not.

discuss your phycial appearance as well as your character...but quickly, don't elaborate... be honest about yourself...

your appearance: your weight, your height

some physical characteristics: colour hair, eyes, etc.

some character trait: (main ones)

your hobbies.

She should answer the ame questions...

There should be no 'surprises' (physical) when you meet face to face... then go from there.

• Author
DateAnalyzer
you should ask her about herself and talk less about yourself. also, keep the phone conversations short....5 to 10 min max until you know her better. only girls talk on the phone for hours and hours

really? not typical for a guy huh?

really? not typical for a guy huh?

You need to take the time it needs... 5 - 10 minutes is definitely not enough... you don't want to waste your time or waste hers... right? so you need as much info as you can get.... and be honest...

I met men in the past, and they lied about their weight or height... or even hair colour... it pisses me off soooo much.

Physical is what you notice first... if the person is disgusting...no matter how nice she/he is...it won't go any further.

About 3 or 4 Times in 2007, I was told that I don't give off a 32 year old vibe, more like a teenager. And I'm wondering if it's because I never discuss these things before meeting?

Relationship history

Sex

My conversation is more about TV shows, daily life, and hobbies. none of the girls could give me an example as to why they feel i'm 18 instead of 32

I say Never say Never. Before meeting someone, details of Relationship history should be limited to whether or not either of you have been married, or have recently exiting a long relationship. Other than that, don't go into details. One of the worst red flags in a pre-meeting phone call is to talk on and on about an ex.

I wouldn't say never talk about sex, but it should only be in a flirty context. If she flirts with suggestive comments, flirt back. If you don't, she'll feel you are uptight about sex and won't be good in bed. But don't reveal or ask for details. Let her set the tone of how suggestive flirty comments should be. Don't get more suggestive or forward than she does. (Don't ask for her bra size unless she asks for you penis size).

Don't ask about physical appearance unless you're planning to meet in a public place and need to recognize each other. Be general. Provide height, race, hair and approximate weight, but don't elaborate beyond that, and don't ask her to elaborate.

I met men in the past, and they lied about their weight or height... or even hair colour... it pisses me off soooo much.

Trust me, there are women who will date a 5'4" man, but not if he first describes himself on the phone as 5'10". Lying about hight or weight can only backfire and may derail a great potential relationship before it starts.

TV/Movies, daily life and hobbies are fine. I say religion is fine too, but breifly. If she's a devout born-again Christian, it's better to learn that up-front. But don't talk at length about religion unless both of you are fascinated by it.

Avoid any topic that brings up strong negative emotions. Negativity is a turn-off. So anything that sounds like anger, whining or complaining should be avoided.

What is it about you that makes you sound like a teenager? Do you make fart jokes? Do you live with your parents? You should ask someone who feels you act like a teen. Is it your vocal inflection? If so, consider hiring a vocal coach.