Should I change my number? Ex and his fling won't leave me alone

Shana555

Have anyone changed their phone number? I keep getting blocked calls saying nothing and text messages at all hours of the night from messaging.nextel.com. They are always about my ex and the girl he cheated on me with... Saying he’s over her house right now having sex, thought I should know, blah blah blah, and other things I definitely don’t want to know.

It’s getting so old and thinking I should just change my number so can get on with my life without this drama. I’ve tried ignoring it all, but I’m just so tired of it. I’ve never changed my number before and was thinking it would be tough to update all friends, family, and important people of my new number.

Do you think it is a good idea to change it? I'm not even sure how to do it, but I guess I can just all Nextel and find out?

I would hate to go though changing it just for the wrong people (my ex, the girl he cheated on me with, and her friends) to find out what it is and the blocked calls and texts start up again. If you think it would be best to change it, what do you guys think is the easiest way to update people of the new number without unwanted people finding out what it is?

Wow, that really sucks! What a bunch of a**holes.

My friends usually just send out a bulk text message to all of their friends, notifying us of the new number.

lookingforhappiness

You can call your phone provider and ask them to do what's called a "Call Trace". Even tho the number is blocked for your caller id, they can try and trace the number through their lines. It probably costs about $5 and the results are made available to law enforcement only. But you'd have your proof you'd need if you wanted a restraining order or a no contact order. It's either that, live with the annoyance, or change your number.

• Author

Thank you for your responses so far. I have heard of them being able to trace numbers, but I wasn’t sure if that was through the police or how they did it... I think I will call and find out how to do it so I have that option if phone calls get worse.

It’s not the blocked calls the bother me so much. It’s pretty easy to ignore those. But the text messages saying those awful things are what are so hard to deal with and ignore. They send the messages though the Nextel website. I looked at the site and saw how easy it is. I’m guessing there is no way to trace those. The messages are so awful and harassing. Especially when at 2am like last night.

I really would like to get a no contact or restraining order against the person/s, but I don’t think they could get the proof of who is sending the text messages since they are sent thought the Nextel online messaging service. Really stinks.

Don't be so sure - if they are doing it from the web, it probably captures their IP addy - which given how many peeps use cable modems, is a static IP address - therefore traceable :)

Thank you for your responses so far. I have heard of them being able to trace numbers, but I wasn’t sure if that was through the police or how they did it... I think I will call and find out how to do it so I have that option if phone calls get worse.

It’s not the blocked calls the bother me so much. It’s pretty easy to ignore those. But the text messages saying those awful things are what are so hard to deal with and ignore. They send the messages though the Nextel website. I looked at the site and saw how easy it is. I’m guessing there is no way to trace those. The messages are so awful and harassing. Especially when at 2am like last night.

I really would like to get a no contact or restraining order against the person/s, but I don’t think they could get the proof of who is sending the text messages since they are sent thought the Nextel online messaging service. Really stinks.

With my last ex's crazy ex... she was constantly calling... one evening she called 33 times... then I told my bf that we had to block her number... at first he didn't want to because of the kids... then I gave him an ultimatum... it was either that or I was out of there...

We blocked her number... I think it cost like $5 a month and you can block up to 5 or 10 numbers... if you don't know what number is calling you can block the last number who called, no need to know the actual number, the machine will block the last number that called your place... if you know for sure it's her.

This is sooooo freaken annoying. After a while, when she'll realize her number has been blocked (they get a message) she will stop calling eventually so you can cancel that feature from your phone company.

Good luck.