Do guys look down upon a girl living with her parents?

justlilme

I just turned 26, and I'm living with my parents. It's like having an apartment without the rent payments, thankful to my parents for that...but...I was wondering what guys think about that situation? I haven't had much of a problem, BUT it could be something in the back of their minds that bothers them, but won't tell me kinda thing. I lived with my ex in an apartment for 5 years from when I was 19-24, so I know what it's like to live on my own, just a little earlier than most at that age, so it's like making up for lost time lol. I'd rather save money while I'm living here instead of waste money down the drain in an apartment, been there done that before, and I don't want to get a house until I'm married...and the roommate thing, nah I had one in college, and of course my ex, so I don't want to go that route again. Anyway...what do guys tend to think?

depends what your priorities are..If I were you..I would make your credit pristine and then put a nice down for a place of your own..ultimately, this is YOUR life..whether you meet someone or not..you need to take care of yourself. You got lots of time.

It's a heck of a lot easier for a girl to get away with it than a man. The biggest issue I would see from it is the possibility that a man might be worried about the quickness with which you would want to move in together with him because of the situation. If you weren't pushing this aspect, then that wouldn't be too bad.

Overall, men like to be the supporters, so they would love the opportunity to swoop in and "rescue" you from your parents' house.

Most guys won't admit it but it would be kinda annoying to have your parents observing everything. But then it could be kinda cool what with the no rent payments you mentioned. The only issuse is finding a private place to get toghether, and if your haveing sex with the guy then he can problay overlook something like parents.

At 26 it really would not be a big deal...

You could always go to his house if you needed alone time

When I was 26 most of the women I dated either lived with their parents or had a parent living with them..

Now at 30-32.. yes then there would be an issue with me.. it would go to how independent I felt they were or weren't..

I have always been attracted to independent women

I think there is an age that they should be able to live on their own.. financially and emotionally..

I think some might to be honest. I'm 19 and live at home (I moved out and rented an apartment with some guy last year but then I moved back home) and people have already said things to me about it. Just in joking, things like 'why didn't you go away to college' and 'when are you going to get an apartment?' But sometimes I think it does bother them because some of my friends my age have moved out and are a lot more on track with thier careers than I am. Now I will probably move out again soon.

I just turned 26, and I'm living with my parents. It's like having an apartment without the rent payments, thankful to my parents for that...but...I was wondering what guys think about that situation? I haven't had much of a problem, BUT it could be something in the back of their minds that bothers them, but won't tell me kinda thing. I lived with my ex in an apartment for 5 years from when I was 19-24, so I know what it's like to live on my own, just a little earlier than most at that age, so it's like making up for lost time lol. I'd rather save money while I'm living here instead of waste money down the drain in an apartment, been there done that before, and I don't want to get a house until I'm married...and the roommate thing, nah I had one in college, and of course my ex, so I don't want to go that route again. Anyway...what do guys tend to think?

I think that living with your parents is a fine way to remain chaste until your wedding night

Lauriebell82
I think that living with your parents is a fine way to remain chaste until your wedding night

chaste..wow