women who get rejected or overlooked

We read a lot on the internet about men getting rejected but are there any women who have been rejected?

Guys - if you've rejected a girl who said she was into you or made it clear that she was - why did you reject her? Can you remember the reasons?

I went out with a group of people the other night and their wwas me, my friend and two single guys in the group - one of the guys was a workmate of mine. He was trying to get the 20 something waitress's number.

He aslo keeps asking me why girls don't like nice guys while here he has two attractive, single girls sitting across the table from him. The other guy there broke off a conversation with me mid-sentence when he got distracted by someone or something else. Yep, I feel special!

I reject women all the time because a wedding ring means nothing to some women but I even did so when I was single. Usually it is something about them that turns me off. I get a vibe that just doesn't sit right with me and 9 times out of 10 I was right.

DanielMadr

Guys - if you've rejected a girl who said she was into you or made it clear that she was - why did you reject her? Can you remember the reasons?

The same reasons you have for turning down guys. You have seen better ones or you are too scared that he will reject you anyway.

Even pretty girls can be overlooked when they have none sexual energy around them - smile at least.

Many attractive girls only have looks going for them. When you talk to them there is nothing there and they often have a horrible attitude. When I am with a woman I want a live human being I can talk to and enjoy spending time with. If I just wanted something pretty to look at I would buy a Playboy. It is much easier than dealing with some of these beautiful drama queens.

Hi Noos,

I didn't know whether to respond in your other thread or this one (the other about introverted women)

I sympathise for I've been there and I will likely be there again. Yet I think you are trying too hard to figure this one out. It's not about you. Those guys were probably out looking for something different then what you yourself are looking for. And that's ok.

No matter what amount of attention you do get from guys, you can still have fun and enjoy yourself. Not every guy is going to be into you, just like you're not going to be into every guy. You can still have fun with them as a friend - even as they make fools of themselves in front of other girls.

And then, when it does work out with someone, it will be all the more worth it. Says the girl who really really hopes it's true (I'm feeling a bit down lately).

DanielMadr
Hi Noos,

I didn't know whether to respond in your other thread or this one (the other about introverted women)

I sympathise for I've been there and I will likely be there again. Yet I think you are trying too hard to figure this one out. It's not about you. Those guys were probably out looking for something different then what you yourself are looking for. And that's ok.

No matter what amount of attention you do get from guys, you can still have fun and enjoy yourself. Not every guy is going to be into you, just like you're not going to be into every guy. You can still have fun with them as a friend - even as they make fools of themselves in front of other girls.

And then, when it does work out with someone, it will be all the more worth it. Says the girl who really really hopes it's true (I'm feeling a bit down lately).

How come Kamillie? What happend?

I agree with you but I'd like to point out that only waiting can be risky. Work on yourself, get yourself to mental and physical shape, make opportunities and simply live. Then there is much better chance.

disgracian

I've had very few propositions come my way. Of those, shallowness or simply a lack of any connection was the reason. One girl was obsessed with the Backstreet Boys, which was pretty much an instant turn-off.

Cheers,

D.

We read a lot on the internet about men getting rejected but are there any women who have been rejected?

I went out with a group of people the other night and their wwas me, my friend and two single guys in the group - one of the guys was a workmate of mine. He was trying to get the 20 something waitress's number.

He aslo keeps asking me why girls don't like nice guys while here he has two attractive, single girls sitting across the table from him. The other guy there broke off a conversation with me mid-sentence when he got distracted by someone or something else. Yep, I feel special!

You're going to have to elaborate more than that. How were you rejected?

People will always be unpredictable and do things with no specific reasons. There are a lot of shy guys out there as much as women. Who knows, maybe he's not interested? Or maybe he is but thinks you arent interested?

My guess is that it was the setting, it sounds as if it was a bar or club where people are "on the hunt". In this situation, I reckon guys are scanning around for whatever their idea of a babe is, and also trying to find one who seems easy to talk to, or approach, or who gives out the "come & get me" vibe. I know that men in this setting have to suffer the same sort of thing.

I've always met the men I ended up seeing in a more laid back social setting, where they've had a chance to get to know me a bit, and I them. Classes, places I've worked, stuff like that. Plus I am socially confident and love conversation, that probably helps a lot, but if you aren't, then just fake it!

How come Kamillie? What happend?

I agree with you but I'd like to point out that only waiting can be risky. Work on yourself, get yourself to mental and physical shape, make opportunities and simply live. Then there is much better chance.

I think I am overworked and under-romanced. ;) But what do you mean waiting can be risky?

socialight

because they were drunken floozies, whores, were stinky, just not attractive, too old, etc all.

I think I am overworked and under-romanced. ;) But what do you mean waiting can be risky?

Come back to Toronto then pretty one...

;-)

What happened with that other guy?

I went from three on the go---- to none.

lol.

How ya doing otherwise?

Dee

yes, with most of them I wasn't physically attracted to them. most of the rest were either unstable or just weird.

because they were drunken floozies, whores, were stinky, just not attractive, too old, etc all.

were stinky? lol. I don't go for the foul odor types either.

I did have a blind date with a guy who kept lifting his leg and letting farts fly. I'm serious- the first date. Our waitress was horrified and I was so mortified to be sitting him him.

I'm telling you girl- it's all in the attitude.

Even when you're feeling at your worst.... just become the actress.

SMILE, SMILE, SMILE.

Most guys will agree that a smile is what makes a girl most approchable.

(well, that and an F-cup)...

Chemistry won't always be there.

And you can't always wait for the Lion to come to you.

Maybe you don't recognize sometimes that you are giving off an "arm's length" attitude... or you are not giving the signals to the guy you are sitting with that you are into him. Those signals include- eye contact, laughing- smiling...and light touching if it seems appropriate. ie" (I like your shirt" you say and you touch his sleeve. Or "what time is it?" as you hold his wrist and turn the face of his watch toward you.

Subtle- but powerful "I am interested in you" signals.

Maybe the waitress is giving off the signals you aren't??

Well, if she's 20- she has something different he might be looking for (which means he's not your guy anyway).

Do you want to be the girl in the boobie top fishing for tips by flirting because that is your job? or do you want to be you... but with a little pizazz thrown into the mix that brings out your fun and interesting side?

I say it again...a lot of smiling goes a long way.

I can't tell you how many of my guy friends that tell me how attreacted they are to girls that smile. It gives them less reservations about being rejected as well.

;-)

Dee

Trialbyfire
My guess is that it was the setting, it sounds as if it was a bar or club where people are "on the hunt". In this situation, I reckon guys are scanning around for whatever their idea of a babe is, and also trying to find one who seems easy to talk to, or approach, or who gives out the "come & get me" vibe. I know that men in this setting have to suffer the same sort of thing.

I've always met the men I ended up seeing in a more laid back social setting, where they've had a chance to get to know me a bit, and I them. Classes, places I've worked, stuff like that. Plus I am socially confident and love conversation, that probably helps a lot, but if you aren't, then just fake it!

Bar guys are looking for barflies... ;)

chicks with mini-skirts and booby tops and a belt buckle with an arrow pointing downward flashing "welcome"...?

Trialbyfire

Don't forget they sit on high bar stools, miniskirts hiked up and do a high leg kick when recrossing their legs. :p

Okay, I'm trying to figure out if I fit into that catagory...

does the crossed leg kick require that the foot goes higher than the head... and is underwear vs: no underwear a factor?

What if said underwear are "granny panties"...the cotton ones with the full seat that go up to the belly button.??

That's the grey area I want to be more educated about.

:eek:

Trialbyfire

Oh, definitely over the head. How else will anyone prove how flexible they are?

As for lingerie, it has to either be a very small thong or nothing.

Do you fit this description?

Oh, definitely over the head. How else will anyone prove how flexible they are?

As for lingerie, it has to either be a very small thong or nothing.

Do you fit this description?

Yep, I'm flexible and wear thongs...but I never flash em to anyone in a bar....

So.... what does that make me? Tease maybe? no, I got it- Classy cougar.

Trialbyfire
Yep, I'm flexible and wear thongs...but I never flash em to anyone in a bar....

So.... what does that make me? Tease maybe? no, I got it- Classy cougar.

Do you like that title? Classy cougar? Everyone is fully capable of defining themselves, aren't they?

I agree with you Daniel but it's not that easy. Telling an "introvert" to "simply live" doesnt work. It's EXTREMLEY difficult for us. I am an introvert meself and trying to simply get out there and live is VERY challenging for us. It may seem elementary for some, but to us it's like pulling teeth. If the original poster is anything like me, it's takes us a while to warm up to people. And we're talking more than 2 or 3 interactions with the same person. But once a guy takes the time to do this, he will find that there is alot of depth and fun times awaiting. Socializing and being comfortable with being the center of attention does not come easy for everybody. It doesnt mean that we are rude or standoffish....we're just shy and need a little more coaxing and we need time to warm up to our environments. And we are well worth the effort.

I agree with you Daniel but it's not that easy. Telling an "introvert" to "simply live" doesnt work. It's EXTREMLEY difficult for us. I am an introvert meself and trying to simply get out there and live is VERY challenging for us. It may seem elementary for some, but to us it's like pulling teeth. If the original poster is anything like me, it's takes us a while to warm up to people. And we're talking more than 2 or 3 interactions with the same person. But once a guy takes the time to do this, he will find that there is alot of depth and fun times awaiting. Socializing and being comfortable with being the center of attention does not come easy for everybody. It doesnt mean that we are rude or standoffish....we're just shy and need a little more coaxing and we need time to warm up to our environments. And we are well worth the effort.

There's a fine line between being introverted and shy. The majority of introverts simply dont have the energy to be a social chameleon like their extrovert counterparts. But rather they focus their energies on more important tasks.

Silence can be golden at times where i believe is where shy girls shine. It adds mystery and intrigue, but too much silence is no good.