What To Wear?

chill chic

chill chic

I actually have an official date tomorrow, haven't been on one in awhile, it had always been the normal, "I meet ya somewhere with friends" kinda deal when it came to guys. But now that I have an actual date, I want to make the best of it, without trying too hard. This guy that I'm friends with, asked me what I was doing tomorrow night, and I replied back kinda vague, so he told me that it was an "unspecific plan" so being funny, I told him "ok how's this..lets go out, get drinks, go see a band somewhere and then watch the stars outside, better?" since I know he likes to watch music at lounges. he told me "wow, bold, sure." So later on he texted me that we should go out together to see a band who is playing in town, and told me it's casual, like a dive bar. What is a dive bar exactly? Well, anyway he said we could get dinner beforehand then go listen to the music. So..when he said casual, I asked him what he'd be wearing, he said jeans, or shorts and flip flops. So I asked what I should wear, he said jeans or shorts. But I like to show my legs when it's warm, but not in a provacitve way, but I do like to wear casual dresses, like a sundress or something. So...does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of dress, what color, what shoes, etc? I don't want to overdo it, but I do really want to wear a cute dress. Any ideas?

• Author
chill chic
Wear a cute dress. You make me laugh.

I know...I think you like my retarded dramas, I guess I'll take that as a compliment then :p

If it were me and he said to wear jeans or shorts, and since you said you like to show off your legs, why not wear a cute pair of capris or bermuda shorts and a cute top. Depending on the shirt you could probably wear a pair of flip flops heals, or a pair of wedge sandals. A summer dress would be good too, I'd be afraid of being too dressed up wearing a dress, but that's just me :)

Trialbyfire

A halter style sundress, if the weather is warm enough. Nothing too revealing though. See if you have a fairly comfortable bodice that doesn't droop open. Have it taper to the waist and flare out from there. Make sure it's not too short, no shorter than slightly above your knees, otherwise it will look odd with the flared skirt.

Shoes should be strappy sandals, with narrow heels, no higher than 3". Remember, rule of thumb is that the shorter the skirt, the lower the heels and the reverse, thereof. Also, lower heels are more casual.

If you want a more casual look, leave your hair down with some big curls. Add some hair product to make it glow with health. No sparkles please.

You want to look feminine and attractive. Nothing tasteless or you will give the guy the wrong impression.

• Author
chill chic

First, thanks for your replies, I wore a very cute casual dress-not short, just above my knees, with nice sandals.

so..here's how the date went :):

I met him at his place-very nice place, he lives by himself. then after we talked awhile, we both drank wine, and sat out on his porch. it was such a beautiful night that I enjoyed every minute of it, especially because there wasn't a dull moment. ya know when you really hang out with someone, one on one for the first time, it's always scary if there is a silence? well not the case! I was impressed with myself actually because sometimes I'm shy at first, but not with him because he's funny and we have alot in common, so there was never an awkward silence, the whole night. I could be myself around him! then we went to a lounge and talked even more, laughed and had a really good time, and it was intriguing because he never took his eyes off me when he'd talked to me, which is good. and I could tell other guys were eyeing me, like this random guy sat right in my vision & just stared at me, but I kept all attention to the guy as we talked. then as we left there, it was getting late, and he took my hand as we walked out, that was really sweet. then we just went back to his place and talked on the deck again, because we both seemed comfortable with each other, and as we were standing there watching the stars, he took me in his arms and kissed me! he is a great kisser :) then we both wanted to do something again, but since it was late, we just decided to stay there, and ended up playing trivial pursuit lol, which was pretty funny actually! then as we were laughing, he kissed me again. then I kinda cuddled with him on the couch, and I almost fell asleep it was so comfortable. now this is where I might get a voice of opinons from you guys, but since I was about to fall asleep and it was late, and I got to his place with literally no gas-I didn't want to get gas at 12:30 am, so he offered if I wanted to crash there. now normally I wouldn't do that, unless I was really good friends with the guy, but under the circumstances, I felt it would be a better idea just because I had been drinking a lil too. he actually gave me a change of clothes, and I slept next to him as we cuddled, BUT nothing happened, and I wasn't going to let it if he did want it to, but he didn't. he was being very respectable. yes I understand that I was sleeping next to him, but the point of the matter is that nothing happened. he asked me why I didn't have a boy, as we talked more until we fell asleep. he gave me a goodnight kiss and that was it. then we woke up, told me I was pretty when I wake up, which is GOOD because no one ever could look good that early in the morning. and he got up and made breakfast for us. we talked even more outside since it is a nice day out today, then after about 2 hours, he had to get ready to go bike riding with his buddy which he had told me about lastnight. so he walked me out, we joked as I was getting in my car, he said that he'd talk to me soon, and on the sly I heard him say "please call me" and I reassured him that I would talk to him very soon, and he landed another kiss on me :) then I left. overall I think it went very well, we actually have alot more in common than we thought! then as I just logged on to my computer, he sent me an email, "nice to meet you" with smily face. I wrote him back just now, telling him that I had a great time, and that I liked his kisses.

So what do you think? Is he feeling it? What should be the next step? And was I being a good girl? :confused:

Star Gazer

I'm glad you had a good time.

Now stop overthinking all the specific details of what occurred during the date, and WAIT for him to ask you out for another date. Continue being a good girl. :)

• Author
chill chic
I'm glad you had a good time.

Now stop overthinking all the specific details of what occurred during the date, and WAIT for him to ask you out for another date. Continue being a good girl. :)

Thanks Star Gazer, that makes me feel good about myself :D And I will wait for him to make the next move, even though he told me to call him right? When should I call him, not being overly eager or not being underly eager? Well I can talk to him of course, but yes I will let him initiate the next date ;)

Star Gazer
Thanks Star Gazer, that makes me feel good about myself :D And I will wait for him to make the next move, even though he told me to call him right? When should I call him, not being overly eager or not being underly eager? Well I can talk to him of course, but yes I will let him initiate the next date ;)

I get the feeling from his "Nice to meet you" email that this was your first meeting/date? Did you meet online?

Regardless, do NOT call him. Simply saying, "Call me" should not make you feel the obligation to pursue him. You already asked him out the first time, now it's his turn. If he's interested, he will let you know by contacting you first. If you continue to be the one initiating things, you'll never know if he's really into you or just going along with your suggestions.

• Author
chill chic
I get the feeling from his "Nice to meet you" email that this was your first meeting/date? Did you meet online?

Regardless, do NOT call him. Simply saying, "Call me" should not make you feel the obligation to pursue him. You already asked him out the first time, now it's his turn. If he's interested, he will let you know by contacting you first. If you continue to be the one initiating things, you'll never know if he's really into you or just going along with your suggestions.

yah it was our first official date, I met him through one of my friends, which when I first was introduced, we only saw each other briefly, but my friend kinda set it up the exchange of phone numbers, so we've been talking on the phone for a lil while. then yes I initiated the first date, so you're right, especially to see if he's really interested, I'll let him do the asking this time.

• Author
chill chic
Hey great news CC! i would say thats a result of a date!

Good luck for the next one!

Thanks SB! :D Yep I had alot of fun, haven't had that much fun in awhile honestly :) So I'd say it's a pretty good start!

• Author
chill chic

oh one more important detail...I was dreading the fact that he might bring up, or ask where I live or if I have my own place, which he did. Which I'm a lil embarrassed about because I'm 26, living with my parents. So I told him, and explained that I DID live on my own one point in my life, early on, when I should've been living at home, like most young adults do at early 20's. So yah I told him that I lived in an apt with an ex for 4 years. :o And I joked and said that it's nice because I'm able to save money living at home. Then he said something about freedom and I said yah that's the only down part of it. He didn't seemed phased by it, or it didn't break any conversation, but I was nervous as to what he thought. Apparently it didn't matter to him, BUT will that put a damper on a potential relationship if he can't come to my place, if I did have my own place? Like he can't see how I'd live on my own kinda thing, he'd have to come over when my parents aren't there or are there. So does that make it kinda hard? :(

Eee man, just chill out like your name says.

these are details that can be ironed out as and when the need to iron them out arises.

If he likes you (and he seems to) it won't matter if you live in Rapunzels tower.

Go with the flow my dear.... let it happen, and don't worry about the minutiae. They will take care of themselves.

• Author
chill chic
Eee man, just chill out like your name says.

these are details that can be ironed out as and when the need to iron them out arises.

If he likes you (and he seems to) it won't matter if you live in Rapunzels tower.

Go with the flow my dear.... let it happen, and don't worry about the minutiae. They will take care of themselves.

ok I was just curious..hehe..;)