So I've never been a relationship before.

The_Jackal

The_Jackal

I'm 20 years old and have never really had a "true" girlfriend. The reason for this is because I never really cared and there was also always something in me that was afraid of the whole concept.

I've had numerous girls that have wanted to go out with me, but I could never put myself to do it. Now all of the sudden my mind has changed drastically and I feel that it's time to maybe give it a shot. All of this has happened because of this girl that is really really into me. The attention she gives me is what really sparked all of this. She is unlike any other girl I have met and I feel that if I don't do this then I'll never have an opportunity at someone like her again.

The problem is that the thought of dating and getting into a relationship makes me crumble. I have no idea what or how I would go about doing it. The fact that she is incredibly attractive doesn't help much either. Basically, she could get any guy she wanted and that is what really intimidates me. Everyone knows it's easier to talk to people that would be considered to be average in looks. It's like a group of friends that play baseball in a school yard for fun and one day have an MLB agent come up to you and ask you to sign on to their team. It just feels like she could be to much for me with the lack of experience I have.

I know I got off to a late start in my life, but I have to start somewhere. I'm just looking for some advice on this situation and how to handle stuff like this in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm am also a twenty year old who has never been in a serious relationship. I've done causual dating, and such but nothing ever really panned out. And as a rule I only ever dated girls I'm attracted to.

Recently I met this spectacular girl. I usually have trouble with talking to people, but with her it is wonderful. We've just cliqued and now were dating. She is also very pretty, etc. And at first I was a little hesitant, but then I thought what the hell, don't kill the flame before its lit. So I asked her out. I'm nervous of course, I've never done this before, but I am willing to try.

Thats all the advice you need. If you like this girls, and she likes you, then go out, be cool and don't expect anything from it. The less you expect, the more things will naturally happen. And be willing to try stuff with her, even if your not used to it. If she's mature then she'll appreciate the fact that even though its not your vup of tea, you were willing to do it because of her.

Best of luck mate.