"perfect couple" curse

I am a little worried. I have been dating a really wonderful guy for well over half a year, and people keep calling us " the perfect couple" and saying things like "you guys are practically married already!" Am I silly for wishing they wouldnt say things like that, because I'm afraid they will jinx us? I actually do hope to be married to him one day, I just dont want people fussing over us, it wierds me out a little.

We're not perfect, we have our disagreements like everyone else does, we just dont air our dirty laundry in public like some people we know do. I like my private life private, I feel like sometimes its not when people say things like that. I already feel the pressure from my family, I dont need it from my friends too.

Any advice?

I am a little worried. I have been dating a really wonderful guy for well over half a year, and people keep calling us " the perfect couple" and saying things like "you guys are practically married already!" Am I silly for wishing they wouldnt say things like that, because I'm afraid they will jinx us? I actually do hope to be married to him one day, I just dont want people fussing over us, it wierds me out a little.

We're not perfect, we have our disagreements like everyone else does, we just dont air our dirty laundry in public like some people we know do. I like my private life private, I feel like sometimes its not when people say things like that. I already feel the pressure from my family, I dont need it from my friends too.

Any advice?

It doesn't matter what other people say. If you are into the guy and he is into you, what is the problem? We need to quit worrying about what other people think and listen to how we feel as individuals. If you listen to yourself and tune out others, you can't ever be wrong. You know what time it is! There is no such thing as being "jinxed" if your love is genuine. After 1.5 years, you should be able to trust your heart if you truly trust him in every other aspect. Good luck!

Relax!

My bf and I get this a lot from our friends, and we've been dating a grand total of 8 months. We even get the "When you guys get married..." Just take it how it's meant - as a compliment! These people look up to your relationship, and wish they were in a similar situation.

Don't worry about "jinxing" things. If you guys are meant to be, no amount of jinxing is going to stop it.

People like to talk about good things and would like to point it out when they see something beautiful, like a perfect relationship.. and it wont be jinxed unless you let it... all you need to do is to knock enough times on a piece of wood :) just let your worries away and live it all the way :)