Is this normal?

tdl3878

Ok, i'm 29 years old and divorced. Many people have told me that I wasted my 20's away because I was with my wife since I was 21 and she left me for "space" which to this day I dont understand why. They tell me it's a waste because of the circumstances, but until the day she left me I was happy so I don't think it was a waste. Anyway, I've just recently been spending time with my friends the last few weeks grabbing some drinks at the local irish pub and i've been noticing alot of eye contact from women but I sorta get scared about what to do next because it's been a long time since i've talked to another girl with the intentions of taking it further than "just talking". For example last night I was talking to my friend and this girl walked by me and smacked my butt and said "sorry I wanted to do that for a couple minutes now and finally did it" So, my first reaction was smile and my dumb ass self didn't say or do anything. Then later another girl walked up to me and smiled and I smiled back. she introduced herself and her friend next to her. We said a few words but she walked away. Then finally my friend noticed this girl standing next to the jukebox staring at me. He told me to look over so I did and we had this continuous staring battle with lots of smiles but of course she left with her friends after a few minutes. So with that being said what should I be doing? I know one of the answers should be go up and talk to her but I guess im just worried about what to say or do or even get rejected. That may be my downfall. Any advice would help

LaughMachine

Well first off, nothing in life should be considered a waste of time. You go with the flow of life and take the experiences and hardtimes with you. If it was something that at one time made you happy, than it wasn't a waste.

Secondly, wow you must be very attractive! Sorry my computer doesn't display everyones picture with 100% brightness. I say instead of just giggling around and eye flirting. How about start TALKING and start small conversation. You never know what a little chit chat can strike up !!

Trialbyfire

As described to me by a guy about his feelings after his divorce:

"I've always liked the ladies but after my divorce, I didn't know what to do. It felt like I had been a caged lion where the door had suddenly sprung open. I kept peering out tentatively, putting one paw out, then pulling back. It took me awhile to get acclimitized to being free and independent. Finally, my subconscious realized it was free and I took it from there. I've been dating quite heavily since and have now found someone I really like."

I guess Trialbyfire hit the bullseye there.. It will definitely take some time and the length depends on who you meet and how you interact with them. There might be tension when you talk to a girl with the intension of more than just talking, especially after a longterm relationship. So you might wanna consider "just talking" to them for the first time you meet them just like how you always did and the rest will naturally follow in the next times..