Is He Ever Going to Propose???

I am so confused. My boyfriend of a year is making me feel like a yoyo. One minute he's talking about getting engaged, then the next he says money is real tight and it might not happen for a few months, to just be patient. He tells me he wants it to be a total surprise and would never tell me when it was going to happen. He's even mentioned how he knows how I'd rather a special engagement then a big diamond. I've been telling him how I don't even care if he has a ring when he proposes.

So then if all this is so, then why does he start making comments like it may happen real soon. In Decemeber, he even asked me how I'd feel if he proposed for Christmas. Then now he's back to telling me how money is tight and he won't be able to do anything for at least 2 months. And then in the same conversation he says, you never know, I am spontanious, so it could happen soon. Is it possible he's just trying to throw me off?

I am so confused. I just wish he'd stop playing with me. I love him with all my heart and I know he's the one and I know he wants to marry me, he's wanted that since we first met. We are both in our 30s and we already made the step of living together, we talk about marriage and having a family.

He could be just trying to throw you off. Point is, he wants you to be surprised, which is much more romantic then knowing exactly when it's going to happen. So let him surprise you. Don't stress about it so much. It will happen when its meant to.

It's hard to say, especially if you're living together and there's no reason to make any kind of committment. Now that I think about it, one way to find out would be to move out on your own. Tell him that there's no hurry and that you'll still see him and you still love him. Just tell him that you'd love to get married to him and that you're ready any time he decides he really wants to. Let him know tht a cigar wrapper will work if that's all he has. Don't make it like an ultimatum. If you think this would turn him away, then I guarantee you that you wouldn't want him anyway.