Why won't he spend the night with me?

mereduke

I have been with my bfriend for almost 5 months...we have been best friends for 2 years and even lived together in England for 3 months (before we started dating). We are very serious. He told me he loved me after a month. We have discussed marriage and rings and proposals. But the weird thing is..he won't spend the night with me. In fact, he has NEVER spent the night with me. We have sex, but he just doesn't sleep all night with me.

He lives about 45 minutes away and I usually go see him more than he comes here. I have spent the night with him twice. I have 4 dogs and usually HAVE to come home and let them out. But he has no reason not too. What is up with this? It has never bothered me too much before b/c I like being in my bed rather than his. But now, for some reason tonight, when he was leaving, I brought it up and when he left it really hurt my feelings. Does anyone have any idea why he wouldn't want to spend the night with me??

What did he say when you brought it up?

It's possible he just feels more comfortable at his own place, in his own bed. Some people are just like that. But, if you two are planning on a future together, he must be honest with you.

Talk to him, but don't push too much with the sleeping over. Obviously he isn't, there has to be a reason, so hopefully he'll tell you why. (You deserve to know)

• Author

Yeah, he basically says he is just more comfortable in his own bed and he won't really get any good sleep here. The funny thing is, is I feel the same way about staying there. It's nothing personal, I just am comfortable being in my bed with my dogs. But, I have given in and stayed with him when he wanted me too (only twice but still). So I think its just the principle that he won't stay here to make me happy.

Then why not get someone to look after your dogs for a weekend, and the two of you go somewhere nice. Go rent a hotel room downtown, get massages, use the pool/spa area - That way too, you BOTH are sleeping in a strange bed! Could work???

I have 4 dogs

Has he tried to stay at your place before?

If your dogs are noisy during the night or they sleep on your bed or in your room that could make him unconfortable...or it could indeed be that he only feels comfortable sleeping in his own bed....

Does he have a special mattress or pillow that prevents him from getting back/neck aches from sleeping the wrong way? if it isn't that then it could very well be a security issue...