5 Years of friendship...

MadWorld

Backstory: I'm 18, a senior in highschool. I've had a crush on this girl "K" for 5 years. I've never told her. We talk all the time, it's safe to say we're friends. I've told only two other people. "T", this really "metro" guy, and my friend "M".

Well, it was like this. T is friends with her(he's friends with alot of girls), and he knew about me liking her(he's been trying to make me tell her for awhile), And we were all at a cast party(Theatre), so they were talking about stuff and I guess it came up in conversation, and she said she knew that I liked her already.T said "So?"(Like, so would you give it a shot?) and she said simply "no" (Tyler asked "Why not?" but she said she didn't know). So he came outside before he left, and told me what happened, and that I shouldnt ask her like I was going to(He said we would talk on MSN...and I said no, we'll talk about it now, and I got him to tell me what had happened after a small struggle. I was a bit pissed

Anyway, he leaves and I went inside and sat next to her, and I said ".... Ahat did T say to you..." and she(never making eye-contact) said "...nothing."

I asked, "What did you talk about..." and she looks like shes thinking real hard and says "uhh, nothing." So I said "can we go talk for a second? I'm not going to embarass you, I just want closure." She said simply, no, and starts playing cards with some girl, and I'm just sitting there watching the girl says "R(Me) you ok? You've been waiting for like 5 minutes just watching us" and I said "... i've been waiting for 5 years."

Eventually after awhile, I leave, and go outside (It was probably 30-40~ degrees, a little after 1 a.m.) M knows what happened, because I told him (He too, was expecting me to tell her and wanted to know the outcome), and he said "you want me to get her out here?" and I said "Yea, sure what ever you want, you wont be able to do it anyway." And he said he went inside, said "Hey, K!" and she said "What?" he gave her his jacket and said "Put this on. Now, I know I've never asked you to do anything for me ever, but please, please just go outside" and she said "No..." and he said "Please, I'm asking you as a friend to go out and talk to R(me), you don't know how much he cares about you." and he said her eyes watered up and she lowered her head and nodded.

She walked outside, and I said "I told you she wouldn't come out." (Expecting M) then a pause followed. Then the conversation went (there are long pauses everywhere... awkward pauses) something like ...

Me: So how long did you know?

K: I don't know.

Me: ....

Then we talked about the only other guy she liked, (he was a senior when we were freshmen, he knew she liked him, and he knew I liked her) and I told her he asks me all the time if I told her yet, and i always tell him "no." (She was interested in how I got to talk to him, because I guess she never gets to see him anymore, and nothing ever happened between them by the way) then I asked her if she would ever want to do anything, ever, and she said "Dont take it personally, but I dont even go out with B or L(best friends that work at movies) and it's free. I'm just really social(sarcastically)."

Then I asked her if I should talk to her after highschool or something, and she said she didn't know, and I asked her how she planned on meeting someone, "Are you just going to see someone you like at first site? Is that how it works? Someone you might find in college and thats it?" and she said she didnt know. After a little bit of talking(I told her the only reason I did theatre was to talk to her, and she said she kinda figured), discovering it was really cold and we went back inside, and a game of guys vs, girls table tennis paddle slap ass was going on. So I joined in and she ran off to watch, because she really is kinda anti-social, in a corner somewhere, and some girl came after me, and I was defending myself in a doorway, (it was me vs 2 girls, one had a paddle), and K said "gimme your paddle" and I kinda thought about it for a second and handed it over real slow... and she gave it to the other girl...(The treachery...)

I grabbed it back real quick and(K) ran off, fear of getting a mean slap on the ass for her backstabbery. But I got her a good one as she was running away

And thats pretty much that saturday nights involvement with K.

She left soon after that. And I stayed up all night discussing it with M. He wants to think there is hope, and I on the other hand hate everything.

It's pretty obvious that I liked her, but I really wish she would have told me how long she knew.

I should also add that she has never been in a relationship.

Thanks for all the help in advance, I'm so confused....

Ill put this simply....i dont think she likes u. If she liked you then when u told her she'd say that she likes you back...she wouldnt hold out and if she is holding out then do u really wanna be stuffed around like that...id suggest basically that u get over her

I'm sorry to say your friendship is probably over. She will avoid you and then you 2 will drift apart.

I would ask yourself, do you would really want a gf who can't even talk to you about a pretty serious matter?

I would just accept that she doesn't like you "that way" and look for someone who will return your feelings.