I need I am hurting badly (long)

nextel

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year. We have our ups and downs, but most really good ups. He sends me roses, brings flowers to my house, always suggests a new hairstyle all the good things. He lets me know that he loves me. I too, do some special things for him because I appreciate him and love him. We made a decision not to have sex until marriage because we want to make sure we want to spend the rest of our lives together. We are both spiritual. For the record, I am 32 and he is 36.

On Friday, he called me at work and talk to me for a minute, then he says, I love you. I told him I loved him back. Said we would meet up later.

Spent Friday night together and he gave a movie that he really wanted me to watch. Saturday, I watched the movie and took it back to him and we spent the remainder of the evening together. Had dinner, watched a move, and had dessert. No arguement. Then he told me that his female friend was coming to town. I know about her because he told me that she likes him but she knows that he is with someone and that they are just friends with nothing more. He has also told me some personal things about her, and he said that he is only helping her. I asked him why she was coming to town and he said that it was not him she coming to see, but another older mutual respectable friend of ours. I left it alone and did not say anything. He assured me that there was nothing with her.

We ended up watching a movie and laughed and enjoyed each other. We both fell asleep on the sofa and he woke up at midnight as it was time for him to go home. He put his head on my chest and I embraced him. Then he got ready and knelt by the sofa and buried his head in the sofa. He then told me to lock the door, but as he was leaving, it was obvious something was bothering him. He was about to leave without giving a hug and a kiss, something we always do, so I pulled him towards me and made him smile. I asked if he was ok, and he said yes, and that he would call as soon as he got home (nothing unsual).

He called when he got home and we said our goodnight and he said he would call me in the morning (like he always does).

Sunday, no phone call. So I tried to call him, but it seemed he was avoiding my calls. When I did talk to him, he was at his office and he said he would call me back and he was very distant. Afternoon, no phone call. Evening, no phone call, so on my way from running some errands, I stopped by his office and he was there working.

He opened the door and he asked me how I knew he would be there. I told him that I had called the house and no response so i figured he would be at the office. Anyway, he was still distant so I asked him what was wrong. He said "nothing". I told him that I did not understand how one minute we were having a good time and the next minute he is being so distant. He said nothing was wrong, but he was still being distant. He was nice to everyone else that either called or stopped by to see him. Towards me, he was cold, distant and mean. He told me that he would call me later. I asked if he was coming over and he said, maybe. But he promised to call me later.

Needless to say, no phone call.

I dont know what to make of all this. I just don't understand what is happening to him. Maybe a guy on here can help me understand what is happening.

What should I do? I have asked him what the problem is and he says nothing yet he is being so distant.

Thanks for the help.