Do girls go from boyfriend to boyfriend?

Ok I really don't want this to turn into an argument. Obviously some girls do this and some never would, but do you think it is common? Personally I see nothing wrong with it as you can't know that you won't meet someone better. It just seems like most women usually always are in relationships whereas it seems like guys take more time in between relationships. What do you think of this?

I think a lot of girls to go from bf to bf, more so when they're younger. I also think that a lot of the time it has to do with a fear of being alone or thinking that they have to have a bf to validate their self-worth.

One of my guy friends says he finds that trait appealing in a girl, which baffles me to no end. I personally think a guy should look at this as a warning flag, because I don't think bf (or gf) hopping is healthy. I think with bf/gf hoppers, there's a greater chance of the person cheating on you, because they haven't really learned how to take care of their own needs and rely on a bf/gf to do so.

But that's all just my hypothesis, with no hard facts to back it up, so I could be wrong.

I haven't had an official bf in over 2 years and I'm pefectly ok with that. I wasn't always though, and looking back, I don't think I was really worth dating until I did become ok with it. So maybe that's coloring my viewpoint. I dunno. *shrug*

I think a lot of girls to go from bf to bf, more so when they're younger. I also think that a lot of the time it has to do with a fear of being alone or thinking that they have to have a bf to validate their self-worth.

One of my guy friends says he finds that trait appealing in a girl, which baffles me to no end. I personally think a guy should look at this as a warning flag, because I don't think bf (or gf) hopping is healthy. I think with bf/gf hoppers, there's a greater chance of the person cheating on you, because they haven't really learned how to take care of their own needs and rely on a bf/gf to do so.

But that's all just my hypothesis, with no hard facts to back it up, so I could be wrong.

I haven't had an official bf in over 2 years and I'm pefectly ok with that. I wasn't always though, and looking back, I don't think I was really worth dating until I did become ok with it. So maybe that's coloring my viewpoint. I dunno. *shrug*

I agree here as well, people hopping around like that is a sign of some issue with being alone. Personally, I would not just hop around from one person to another. Of course, when your dating and not commited you need to date different people to find someone that's a match though.

Cheers!

Alot of girls do this and I agree with crzygirl who hasnt had an official bf in 2 years that you should watch out for people like that but then again if the person you like is already dating some one else maybe you can get them to break up and imeadietly start dating you. and if I was in a relationship with one person and I ran into some one I liked better I might do the Ahole move of asking them out first to make sure my break up wasnt for nothing.

alot of girls do this and I agree with crzygirl who hasn't had an official bf in 2 years that you should watch out for people like that but then again if the person you like is already dating some one else maybe you can get them to break up and imeadietly start dating you. and if I was in a relationship with one person and I ran into some one I liked better I might do the Ahole move of asking them out first to make sure my break up wasnt for nothing.

Ok what is a good way to ask out a girl who has a boyfriend? I'm not going to do this yet. I still need to build the attraction a bit, but should I just suggest casual dates here and there like lunch and just "hanging out" then see where it goes?

Ok what is a good way to ask out a girl who has a boyfriend? I'm not going to do this yet. I still need to build the attraction a bit, but should I just suggest casual dates here and there like lunch and just "hanging out" then see where it goes?

ooh, I'd say someone who asks out a girl who's still attached is showing signs of disrespect which is not good if you want to impress this girl. It's a bit different if you are in a so-so relationship trying to establish something with a single girl but even so that's not the best option.

If you want to eventually be with this girl don't try to break them up. Be a friend to her. Do you both have a similar hobbies you could do together? Spend occasional time with her but don't suffocate her. DOn't expect her to coem running to you either, remember she's already getting her emotional needs fulfilled so she might not think of you in that way. You can only be her friend. Just think, if you showed your intent of wanting to be her boyfriend and you do break them up and end up with her. She knows you're capable of that and might think you'll do the same thing while you and her are together. Trying to get someone else's girl is not a noble thing to do, even with the best intentions. Good luck :)

Asking someone out who has a bf/gf is tacky (to put it nicely). So is pretending to be someone's friend when you're just trying to steal them away from their current SO.

Save yourself the drama. Accept that this girl is taken and move on.

It just seems like most women usually always are in relationships whereas it seems like guys take more time in between relationships.

You wouldn't leave your job without having a new one to go to, would you? Men are just lazy.

You wouldn't leave your job without having a new one to go to, would you? Men are just lazy.

But it is more honest. Being with someone you dont want to be with and lying and cheating to the point when you are sure the next boyfriend will accept you in relationship....come on. Monkeys have to grab a branch before they let go of one.:rolleyes:

Comparing relationship to job....OMG.

You cynical pink elephant :)

I think I see more women go straight into a new relationship right out of an old one... but men (seem to be) really quick in screwing the first available hole. :p

Everyone seems to be looking for validation in some form or another....

Wonder if a portion of the bouncing women is due to the fact that most women won't leave a relationship until their feelings are dead. Which would mean they've already gone through a lot of the emotional stages of getting over the dead relationship. Denial, grief, etc... So by the time the actual break occurs, they've dealt with and resolved most of the emotional aspects of the break up before it even occured.

Just a thought.. I'm sure it doesn't apply to all, or even most.

I think I see more women go straight into a new relationship right out of an old one... but men (seem to be) really quick in screwing the first available hole. :p

Everyone seems to be looking for validation in some form or another....

Wonder if a portion of the bouncing women is due to the fact that most women won't leave a relationship until their feelings are dead. Which would mean they've already gone through a lot of the emotional stages of getting over the dead relationship. Denial, grief, etc... So by the time the actual break occurs, they've dealt with and resolved most of the emotional aspects of the break up before it even occured.

Just a thought.. I'm sure it doesn't apply to all, or even most.

Yes! That was exactly what I was thinking. There has been slow degeneration of the relationship, to the point of moving on before, actually, physically moving on. And I don't think it's a conscious move, just a "f#ck it-I'm done" when all hell breaks loose.

#2 theory-like men, effort to move on/get over someone.

Of course, when your dating and not commited you need to date different people to find someone that's a match though.

Yes. This is true, Rooster.

In my situation, I was ready to be in a relationship, but not with just anyone. I quickly went through about five guys (casually dating!) until I found someone that I am really interested in getting to know.

Part of me felt bad that I was jumping so quickly from one guy to the next...but, I knew that I was ready to find that someone. I am SO glad I didn't just stay with the first guy...or the second...or the third...(haha) guy that came along.

Some people just don't understand casual dating, though. Just cause you go on a few dates with a guy, it doesn't mean you are sleeping with him.

You are the queen of speed dating.

So I've been told! :lmao: But, hey...I WAS single for four years. Sitting in my house waiting for the guy to find me. Doh!

When I finally decided to "put myself out there" I was OVERLY ready. Just knew what I was looking for and wasn't gonna stop till I found him.

...and I did.

its pretty simple. girls get hit on... they say yes.. there u go. no work needed, its easy to get dating more. with guys, theyve got to get the confidence to approach girls fearing rejection, and thye have to do all the work. and if they get out of a relationship, the confidence to apporach girls is much harder, or the motive to do so is hard. with girls, even if the new guy doesnt work out, theres someone else they could be with almost all the time. its very unfair. also, girls get over guys like that, most of them are pretty selfish and if its not there way, ur screwed. its sad but pretty much true.

(of course, not all this applies to all girls and all guys). but its alsmost always in younger girls.

its pretty simple. girls get hit on... they say yes.. there u go. no work needed,

I never thought of it like this. You're so right.

It just seems like most women usually always are in relationships whereas it seems like guys take more time in between relationships. What do you think of this?

That's funny because to me it seems the opposite.

But then again, wouldn't the numbers be equal since it takes two to be in a relationship?

So..given that logic, I'd say men and women are equally in a relationship, unless you take into consideration those who have affairs...

Which I'm not certain but I do believe I've heard that more often men are having affairs. Which would make the ratio 1:2 man to woman...

So given that logic...I'd say Yes...you're correct...more women are involved in relationships than men...:p

But then again, wouldn't the numbers be equal since it takes two to be in a relationship?

Haha...what a great point. But the trick is that the guys don't think they're in relationships. Just killing a bit of time until the right person comes along.

• 2 months later...
girlfriendstealer
ooh, I'd say someone who asks out a girl who's still attached is showing signs of disrespect which is not good if you want to impress this girl. It's a bit different if you are in a so-so relationship trying to establish something with a single girl but even so that's not the best option.

If you want to eventually be with this girl don't try to break them up. Be a friend to her. Do you both have a similar hobbies you could do together? Spend occasional time with her but don't suffocate her. Don't expect her to come running to you either, remember she's already getting her emotional needs fulfilled so she might not think of you in that way. You can only be her friend. Just think, if you showed your intent of wanting to be her boyfriend and you do break them up and end up with her. She knows you're capable of that and might think you'll do the same thing while you and her are together. Trying to get someone else's girl is not a noble thing to do, even with the best intentions. Good luck :)

Oops , looks like someone stepped on the feelings of an insecure boyfriend.Watch out for your girl Mr.Dork..