From NERD to PREP

Ok well im in High school and I hang out with lots of NERDS. I dont really like to hang out with these NERDS, i mean theres theses nerdy guys and nerdy girls which just happen to know me. But the thing is i feel comfortable around them...

See I dont dress like a nerd, i dress like a prep. I wear all those preppy clothes and all that crap. Somehow though i still tend to hang out with the nerds. I really want to hang out with the preps cus they're friends with all the HOT girls. I try to sit with the preps at lunch but i mean they're jus all talking and me im sittin there quiet. I mean i know all of them and they know me so its not like the first time we met. But i mean i just sit there so silent. When im sittin with all my nerdy friends i feel fine and speak freely. When im with the preps though its like i dont got nothing to say. When im with nerds we talk about playin halo and all that crap. When im sittin with the preps i cant talk about video games or nothing like that cus they dont play them. So err im just sitting there doing nothing but jamming food in my mouth.

Any help here?

Did you ever see the movie Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion? The nerds of today are tomorrows Bill Gates. When I was in high school (I graduated in 93) I was always the odd ball out but strangely that is what made me fit in. I had at least one friend in every group. I knew the popular kids, the druggies, the smokers, the band members, the cowboys, the smart kids and the didn't care kids. So wherever I went I knew someone.

I also dressed like a "prep" and still do - it is just how I am comfortable. My advice is this "you catch more bees with honey than you do with vinegar." Be nice, or at least friendly, with everyone and it will come back to you.

And P.S. hanging out with the "cool" kids because you want the "hot" girls is really a bad reason. Hang out with who you are comfortable with, just don't be mean to anyone - unless (and this is bad advice here) you have a reason.

LH

Trying to hang with people you don't feel comfortable with is like visiting a country where you don't know the language or customs.

In other words, it's very obvious to others that you are out of your element.

Look, high school is a very brief time in one's life. I know it doesn't seem that way now, but it will go by very fast. You will have plenty of chances to meet girls and blossom into a young adult.

Face up to who you are; you like some things that are considered 'nerdy'. Big deal.

Enjoy your friends and enjoy the activities you like.

Do well in school. Excell.

Go on to college and major in something that you're good and enjoy.

Have a career, make money, enjoy life and enjoy the people who like you for who you are.

I think you'll meet some 'hot girls' along the way who appreciate you because you're not a phony and you're not trying to suck up to the 'in' crowd.

High school feels like everything doesn't it? Well if you hang around them and can't really open up than don't hang out with them at all. Start your own crowd of friends. Now what kind of nerds are these people?

Ones that just look like them but are cool, or ones that sit in the corner picking their noise talking about computers? haha

And P.S. hanging out with the "cool" kids because you want the "hot" girls is really a bad reason.

Well thats only one of the reasons why i want to hang out with em. I mean its not just the girls, its because they are all considered the "cool people" and they're all popular. They have parties like every weekend and have lots of fun.

The nerds...we like almost never have parties, but when we do...they're VERY BORING. All the nerds do is just play video games ALL WEEKEND. They dont do NOTHING in real life.

The preps go out on weekends and go to the movies and the mall and parties and other peoples houses and all that kind of stuff.

Any more comments?