Great, now she's pissed....

A friend of mine just had her birthday two nights ago. She decided that she wanted to go to Ichiban, because they give you a free dinner on your birthday.

I made it to the restaurant, but a buddy of mine and I decided that we didn't want to eat (food isn't all that great, too spendy, and kinda stupid), so we decide to go across the street to a favorite watering hole to drink and then we said we'd meet up with everyone when they were done.

Well, not ten minutes after this the birthday girl calls me all mad, and wonders why we aren't in there. "I didn't know you were serious!" Part of the problem is my bro was a little short on cash, and I didn't want to make a big deal about it for him, and I didn't have enough to sport him.

We meet up after they finish, and go to another bar, where I have a couple cool conversations with her friends--but not her. Somewhere we picked up a guy I'd never met, and the birthday girl was talking to him. After about an hour I found out that he is her ex-fiance. I'd never met him, I wasn't introduced to him, and when I found out who he was I had no interest in butting into their conversation.

Eventually it is just four of us, and the girls really want to go to a bar that I HATE. That is where they spend most of their time, which is why the birthday girl and I mainly talk on the phone. But I agree to go, as I didn't drive and that bar is right by my house.

We go in, I order a round, and survey the scene. Lame as always. but that's cool, I actually met a pretty cool cat and talked to him for a bit, and when I left the bar to resume my talk with her girlfriend, they are now both talking to the ex-fiance. Cool, I grab a chair and sip on my beer.

Now it is almost 2am, and not only do I have to work, I am essentially alone. I called my favorite bar to see if he was still open, and my buddy who works there suggested that eveen if he closed, he'd meet me someplace. I told him not to wait, as I was walking.

I go back into the bar to say goodbye to the birthday girl, and she goes off on me again. "We're better on the phone." WTF? I said that I was fine, I just had to go, but everything was cool and she needs to relax. She looks at me earnestly and tells me to call her tomorrow. I then walk home and crash.

I called her, and she is really mad at me. She's mad at me that I didn't eat, and that I didn't talk to her very much.

Well, I don't see how me not watching some guy juggle food de3tracts from the experience she had. What kind of conversation would we have had at that point anyway? I made a real effort to get along with her friends and be uber-pleasant, and have fun. And I did. I am not going to walk up and talk to her and her ex-fiance out of the blue. I was not introduced to him, and god only knows what they were talking about. Moreover, she had fifteen people there, all of whom wanted to talk to her I am sure, but at the same time I am sure that they weren't all talking to her simultaneously. How much time did she spend talking to them?

I dunno. I dunno. I dunno. I think that she is freaking out for no reason, but I could be wrong.

well it was her birthday so she could do whatever the hell she wanted to do, so what i would suggest is forget it and move on. yep, she could be just freaking out but maybe she just wants attention.