i told her i was gay and she flipped

mini-island

i told a friend i was gay not so long ago and she flipped at me because i didnt tell her first and sooner (i told her boyfriend first). she didnt want to no me and we didnt start talking for 2weeks. she then said she would still be friends but only if i had no secrets. she said i am not aloud to keep secrets because she wouldnt be able to trust me but yet she keeps secrets. i have no more secrets any more but yet she still has. she also told me i should stop seeing 2 of my best friends because she said they were just using me for my car but i no they were not and yet she still talked to them. she then finds out that 1 of my best mates is also gay but she didnt flip at him but yet she did at me when i told her i was. my gran passed away this year to and it was around the time her boyfriend was having a birthday bash. i didnt realy wona go out because i couldnt stop thinking about my gran but all she could say was how she had lost 2 people from her family this year and i should get over it and go to the party. i fell out with her last night and i tryed to talk to her today but she dont want to lissen to what i have to say. i dont want to lose her as a friend but i think i am. i feel like packing my bags and moving away to start a fresh. i dont no what to do now. do i try hard to keep my friendship or do i just cross her out my life. :(

Perhaps she was romantically interested in you? (if you are a guy)

Perhaps she is worried that your common friends would think that you and her have a relationship/are more than friends? (if you are a girl)

If you are a girl, I got the impression that this "you should have told me before" reaction from female friends is not really unusual.

How old are you? And how old is your friend?

RecordProducer

I don't see any reason why you would owe her an explanation or confession about your sexual preferences. I wouldn't care if my friends are gay or straight.

She sounds pretty damned controlling, if you ask me. You don't owe her any information about your sexual preferences, you don't have to tell her before you tell other people, you don't have to go out and party if you don't feel like it, and you don't have to listen to her telling you whom you should and shouldn't be friends with.

I agree with a4a - get a new friend.

• Author

we talked last night. i dont want to be on her bad side as her boyfriend (who i dont think she loves. i think shes just using him because he has a well nice minted car) is my best friend. i dont care what she thinks any more. she is very controlling if she dont get her way she has a huff at everyone even her boyfriend who hasnt done out rong.

am going to get on with my life stuff her. not many people like her anyway because of the way she is.

Adunaphel i am a guy aged 20 and she is 18

BenThereDunThat

I agree with everyone else. At least keep her at arms' length until/if she grows up. Sounds like a spoiled brat to me.

• Author

shes now flipped at a friend for asking her a question. and shes started to turn her boyfriend against everyone she dont like or has a fall out with. her boyfriend's brother and dad dont like her that much. shes flipin at them because there putting a lager engine in a classic mini and wont tell her what size the engine is. ok there doing it to wind her up but thats only because shes winding everyone else up. what makes her even more mad is that i no what size engine is going in it and i wont tell her. ok its getting abit childish i no but if shes goning to be childish then so am i