Ex Wife of Friend

kptone

My best friend, and his wife are in process of divorce. They have been married for 3 years, and have one daughter, who is 2. I have known my friend for about 12 years, and we're pretty good friends. As this divorce has continued to get nastier and nastier, I find myself agreeing with his soon to be ex wife more and more. He is not doing everything that he can to help make this an easy divorce. The really terrible thing is, is that his soon to be ex and I, I fear, are falling for eachother. I'm single and have never been married. I won't do anything more than meet her for a movie, coffee, or just to chat. I feel so torn, I've never been in this situation before. It would seem that I have more in common with her, than he ever did. We all agree that they rushed way too fast into this union.. Any ideas on what I should do? Should I stop talking to them both? I on one hand don't want to hurt my friend, but on the other hand, I get along way too well with his ex to not acknowledge it. What should I do?!??! Anyone else had this problem?! Thanks!

I give you credit...you're a brave man for getting involved here.

Me? I would think there must be another person out there more suitable for me than my friend's ex, and just wouldn't even go there, but hey that's just me.

If you can do that to your friend, then I guess he's not really your friend in the first place, so maybe you shouldn't be calling him that.

Man, you are setting yourself up for grief.

I'm thinking you ought to not get romantically involved with this woman.

You are attractive to her because you are not him and you're treating her nicely at preent.

If your friend finds out he is going to not be very pleased. So you'll have that dynamic to worry about.

You really should step back, give this woman a wide berth.

No offense, but do you really know her motivation in picking out you, her H's best friend, to be interested in during a messy divorce?

Seems like you can avoid this drama.

Or dive right into the deep end of the pool.

• Author

You know.. That's all I really needed was someone to set me straight on this... I'll do the right thing, and make sure that we stay just friends. I've been pretty sure the reason I've been so anxious lately is due to all this drama.. Sheesh.. What was I thinkin? Thanks for helping me get back on track!

I'll do the right thing

I'm glad to hear that. You don't want to mess with this. You won't win the girl and you will lose your friend.

If she tries to involve you some more, you can always respond with a friendly, "It's none of my business".

It's a very honest answer. :)

Getting involved with friends ex's is a friendship suicide, and if she decides to go back to him later you would have a major problem on your hands. Dude, I know it may be extremely hard but your have to resist this temtation.

roost