I am not sure, she is a friend..

Rumbabe

Hi, being a newbie, i am going to dive right in and get posting! ;)

Anyway, this is my story about this "so-called" pal of mine.

I live on a small Isle off the UK coast, gorgeous place. I met this friend thru my husband and his business contacts, as we are originally from South Africa and my husband was seconded here for work.

I met this girl and her husband, we got on so well, they then moved to the UK mainland and we continued to be great pals, one yr she would come to visit me and then the next yr we would go there.

Anyway, months would go by and all of a sudden she would phone and aplogise for not phoning blah blah blah, knowing full well that i am the one always making the damn effort to contact her and send birthday cards, xmas cards etc.

So they were then seconded back to South Africa (they are also south african), for two yrs, and as we were going in April this yr to South Africa for my sister's wedding, we thought we would go see them as well.

Bearing in mind, we had loads to do within those three weeks, i was my sister's maid of honour and therefore had alot to organise, plus my husband decided to treat me to four days away at a private safari lodge, so we could only manage to see her once.

Anyway, back home and i then emailed her some pics of the wedding etc, nothing sent back. Then i get a hurried email from her in May saying that she got burgled and they tied her up, tied the gardener up and her maid.

Took just about everything etc....

So out of the goodness of my heart i phoned her the following week to see how she is etc, as i thought an email in times when ppl really need to chat personally is not right! She had visitors and said she would call back, so now it is the 6th September and still no emails and no phone calls.

Now i ask you, should i contact her or do i leave this relationship to die a slow death, as i am sick and tired of making an effort.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Author

Thanks, i am thinking the same..quite honestly sick of friends just not reciprocating..i honestly have better things to do with my life...:cool: