Wierd dream......comments appreciated.

SoCalCatman72

SoCalCatman72

Ok, so I have had this female housemate for the past 5 months. We get along really well at home (no fights yet :)), on the weekdays, almost always end up talking to each other about our day, watch the same TV shows, enjoy the same foods (mostly) and unwind and relax together.

Other than that though, we've have our own separate lives, our own friends and aside from sharing an apartment living room every evening, vary rarely ever spend time together. We totally respect each other's privacy and on the weekends, she does her thing, I do mine and our lives don't really ever entertwine. The perfect platonic opposite sex housemate relationship. :p

Ok, so I've had a bad sinus infection for the past week, taking some really interesting antibiotics, but am feeling better now. However last night, I had a very vivid dream about my roomie. Now I rarely dream, and when I do it is extremely rare that it affects my mood when I wake up. Well this dream was not about anything physical in any way, shape or form. No, I think that I could have handled. This dream was totally emotional, and left me feeling very discomfit and uncomfortable this morning.

Was it the medication? Is my subconsious mind trying to tell me something? I dunno what to think, although dating my roomie is completely out of the question for more reasons than there is space on this server to list :laugh:

Thanks for listening.

I have always heard that the last thing on your mind is what you dream about. So, who knows, that might just be what that was about. Oh and medicine can make you have funky dreams as well, believe me!

RecordProducer

When the emotions in our dreams are very strong, they usually represent one of two things: fear or desire. In this case, I think you desire to live with someone you have strong emotions for.

I'm on a roll. I'm going to go against the grain here (for around the millionth time today). I doubt very much she's on your mind that much. You guys already live together and get along well. It's natural when sick to be comforted by the presence of someone you feel comfortable with.

This can show itself in dreams. Enhanced by both the effects of some interesting antibiotics and the inflammatory processes the body goes through when fighting infection. The basal metabolic rate and body temperature is raised, not unlike it is with exercise. So, what you get is a dumping of corticosteriods and endorphins in the system which assist the healing process. But because you're generally sick anyways, people tend not to notice the natural 'high' effect. Instead what results is a lack of sleep or sleep which isn't as deep as usual... resulting in your remembering dreams you wouldn't normally remember. This is also the reason why alot of people have a post-illness dip in mood... the substances are returning to normal levels again.

If you continue to dream about her when you're better... that's when to start analysing your feelings. I don't think there's anything more than biology in it though.

:)

• Author
SoCalCatman72

LOL, great dissertation Chinook :laugh:, you ARE on a roll. It is possible however that she is on my mind a bit more than 'normal', after all I do see her daily, and I care about her a lot as she is a really good person. And it's not that I don't think she is attractive, it's just.......a lot of things.

Recordproducer, you pointed out something interesting, maybe it's fear OF desire :(. After all I did wake up somewhat upset :eek:.

Maybe it was a passing thing, oh well.

It could be that she represents a part of you that you're trying to deal with.

Like when I dream about dating an old friend from HS I haven't seen in years, a person who epitomizes initiative and joie de vivre, the dream is telling me I want to engage more intiative and joie de vivre in my life . . . that sort of thing.

I spent about a year when I was married to military , while he was deployed ,living in a townhouse with my H's best friend. We did not share any friends except my then H .He had a job and I had two then and our lives only intersected briefly for a few min a day .I'd known him a long time at that point and was pretty comfortable. He used to wake me in the middle of the night letting me know the H was on the phone calling from overseas. I had no physical interest in him what-so-ever. But , after he started to wake me , I began having very vivid sexual and emotional dreams staring , guess who? There was never anything there and nothing innapropriate happened, but for a long time we lived with each others things and each others presence , I think that just brings feelings into the equasion that being oposite sex , can be confusing to your psyche. Since my divorce , my H and this friend are no longer friends for whatever reason , and we talk occasionally, he has made subttle hints that may indicate that there was some interest on his part . But no , no thanks ...nothing there for me other than friendship.

• Author
SoCalCatman72

Chinook, you kill me :laugh::laugh::laugh:. Interestingly enough about 3 mos ago one of my good friends said the same thing when she asked how the new housemate was working out.

Becoming, it makes some sense, after all I have been single for a very very long time. Maybe my dream is telling me to get out there and start meeting some women, instead of cats :p:lmao::lmao:.

Tinktronic, great insight, just further weight to the argument that women will always be confusing to men's psyche's

Well everyone, thanks for the advice. I think I'm just gonna forget about it and back to life as "normal".

:D