what is it about us guys?

confused423

confused423

so im having problems with my girlfriend, and my guy friends decided to take me to get a lap dance to make me feel better, and then trying to make me go out with another woman. what is it about us guys that take serious issues like relationship problems and decide that they can be forgotten with a few good beers and new woman? and im not saying that all us guys are like this, but im saying that the majority, its just a thought i had.

P.S. i didnt get a lap dance...

so im having problems with my girlfriend, and my guy friends decided to take me to get a lap dance to make me feel better, and then trying to make me go out with another woman. what is it about us guys that take serious issues like relationship problems and decide that they can be forgotten with a few good beers and new woman? and im not saying that all us guys are like this, but im saying that the majority, its just a thought i had.

P.S. i didnt get a lap dance...

Well, I'm not a guy, but my SO is and his friends would act like that when one or the other had relationship issues.

I think it's just harder for guys to talk about sensitive emotional issues....so they act out instead. They are just trying to show you a good time and rather than sit and talk about feelings and such (like women usually do) they want to do something racous and off-the-wall. Their hearts are probably in the right place.

Be firm though, if you don't want to hook up with another girl say "Look guys, I'm not into hooking up right now." And if you don't want the lap dance thing, tell them "Guys, let's just go see a game or a band or something. I cannot deal with women right now" and they should get it.

Yeah, that's probably pretty on the money. Talking about emotions with 6 of your friends on a night out generaly doesn't go over too well, and if you're having problems with your girlfriend they are probably striking up a good defence for the potential of you wollowing around in your own crapulence, not to say that you would but lets face it, it has been known to happen when a woman walks across a mans heart in golf shoes.

But I understand why your buddies wanting to take you out and tie one on could concern you; seeing as most of the problems with women in my life started out as fixable until I set on a mission to drink until I couldn't feel feelings.

But like 'HeyYouGuys' said, their hearts are more or less in the right place, so go easy on 'em.

GalacticShadow

Us guys are not equiped to deal with emotions like women are. While for them it is enough to just talk about it, for us it is not, in fact it can be very unhealthy. Guys normally act upon their emotions to "purge" them.

Your friends were actually thinking of your best interest, just tell them next time to take you somewhere else if you don´t want lap dances or to meet new women. And who nows, maybe you´ll gain some clarity to resolve your issues with your girlfriend.