Games that Girls Play

Hello everybody, thi is my first post, so please help me out if I am doing anything wrong.

Here is my problem:

I have two good friends, both of whom are girls (I'm a guy). We hang out and do friend stuff, and that's totally alright with me. One girl (Let's call her Girl A) is very similar to me. Although we are both in high school, we have both pretty much decided to do the same major in college, and there is also a very good chacne that we will end up going to the same college, because we think relaly similarly. Me and Girl A started talking to each other more than usual, and she even came by to my work, just to hang out and have lunch (she lives a fiar distance away, so it was pretty impressive that she actually came).

OK, so here's where I really start to get confused. Girl B (the other of these two friends) told me yesterday that Girl A was telling her about how she was starting to see me differently a few weeks ago. She also told me about Girl A's "game" that she plays on other guys. Basically, she is in this relationship with this guy for two years, and breaks up with him. She finds and "conquers" other guys, to try and fill the void left by the first guy, but none of them ever work out, and she ends up going back to the first guy anyways.

After thinking about it for a second, it makes sense to me. Girl B is right about Girl A. This has happened twice in the last 9 months, and I think I may be the next "victim." However, the last two guys she did this to were distant friends, and we are definitely best friends. So, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. My guess is that I should try and let go of any relationship that might stem form this, but I'm not sure how to play this out, without losing her as a friend (she is a great friend, but I'm not sure how this whole relationship thing would pan out, and if it would mar the friendship if/when it ended).

So, that's my problem. Is this a common thing with girls (conquering guys and going back to another one over and over again)? Do I let her down form a relationship? If so, how do I let her down without ruining the friendship?

Thanks in advance. I tend to be a rookie at this type of stuff, so I'm sorry if the answer(s) to my questions is really simple and straightforward, but your comments are all appreciated.

Guitar Wizard
Hello everybody, thi is my first post, so please help me out if I am doing anything wrong.

Here is my problem:

I have two good friends, both of whom are girls (I'm a guy). We hang out and do friend stuff, and that's totally alright with me. One girl (Let's call her Girl A) is very similar to me. Although we are both in high school, we have both pretty much decided to do the same major in college, and there is also a very good chacne that we will end up going to the same college, because we think relaly similarly. Me and Girl A started talking to each other more than usual, and she even came by to my work, just to hang out and have lunch (she lives a fiar distance away, so it was pretty impressive that she actually came).

OK, so here's where I really start to get confused. Girl B (the other of these two friends) told me yesterday that Girl A was telling her about how she was starting to see me differently a few weeks ago. She also told me about Girl A's "game" that she plays on other guys. Basically, she is in this relationship with this guy for two years, and breaks up with him. She finds and "conquers" other guys, to try and fill the void left by the first guy, but none of them ever work out, and she ends up going back to the first guy anyways.

After thinking about it for a second, it makes sense to me. Girl B is right about Girl A. This has happened twice in the last 9 months, and I think I may be the next "victim." However, the last two guys she did this to were distant friends, and we are definitely best friends. So, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. My guess is that I should try and let go of any relationship that might stem form this, but I'm not sure how to play this out, without losing her as a friend (she is a great friend, but I'm not sure how this whole relationship thing would pan out, and if it would mar the friendship if/when it ended).

So, that's my problem. Is this a common thing with girls (conquering guys and going back to another one over and over again)? Do I let her down form a relationship? If so, how do I let her down without ruining the friendship?

Thanks in advance. I tend to be a rookie at this type of stuff, so I'm sorry if the answer(s) to my questions is really simple and straightforward, but your comments are all appreciated.

Be afraid, for you have started to try and unravel the impossible logic of the opposite sex.

See, girl A might be an upstanding girl, and Girl B might secretly like you so she made up this story about Girl A so that Girl B can have you all for herself.

Or, Girl B is telling the truth, and Girl A is the "Type" that takes over guys, and uses them for a while and such.

However, Girls that do that sort of thing for a while "Grow out of it" too, there is a possibility that if you got involved with her you might not end up like her previous boyfriends.

And, there you have it. All the confusing "Should I or Shouldn’t I"’s of the opposite sex. You never know quite what to do, and in this situation there are plenty of options. If you really feel strongly about her, you might take the risk, and then from there it’s a gamble on how compatible you two are.

My advice? Go for it.

Be afraid, for you have started to try and unravel the impossible logic of the opposite sex.

See, girl A might be an upstanding girl, and Girl B might secretly like you so she made up this story about Girl A so that Girl B can have you all for herself.

Or, Girl B is telling the truth, and Girl A is the "Type" that takes over guys, and uses them for a while and such.

However, Girls that do that sort of thing for a while "Grow out of it" too, there is a possibility that if you got involved with her you might not end up like her previous boyfriends.

And, there you have it. All the confusing "Should I or Shouldn’t I"’s of the opposite sex. You never know quite what to do, and in this situation there are plenty of options. If you really feel strongly about her, you might take the risk, and then from there it’s a gamble on how compatible you two are.

My advice? Go for it.

Thanks for your advice. I had felt pretty strongly for her a little while ago, but I got some pretty clear messages that she wanted to remain friends, so I stuck with that. I guess I could try and go for it, and see what happens.

So, if I go for it, how hsould I approach the situation (I'm really a rookie at this type of stuff)? Should I go for her right away, or talk to her more, I'm not entirely sure. Is there any type of sign I should look for?

Thanks.

Guitar Wizard
Thanks for your advice. I had felt pretty strongly for her a little while ago, but I got some pretty clear messages that she wanted to remain friends, so I stuck with that. I guess I could try and go for it, and see what happens.

So, if I go for it, how hsould I approach the situation (I'm really a rookie at this type of stuff)? Should I go for her right away, or talk to her more, I'm not entirely sure. Is there any type of sign I should look for?

Thanks.

Well, there is another cool and yet frusterating thing about females. You see, there is no one universal sign to know if a girl likes you, they all have their own special way of letting you know, and sometimes you don't pick up on it right away.

Girls are awesome, but hard to understand sometimes.

Anyway, a nice way to go about it is try to think of places you could go together as friends, get comfortable with her, and let things go from there. This could of course take a few outings before you "Know" her feelings. Ask her if she wants to grab coffee at first, maybe move up to a movie and then finally ask her to dinner.

Take progressive steps ;)

Good luck bro.