Angry with my friend

One of my Indian friends has pissed me off big time.... He had a relationship with an American girl. It was going very well; she is a very very nice woman and was willing to make any sacrifice just to get married to him (like raising the kids in the Hindu religion instead of Christianity, following the Indian culture, etc..). But I just got the news that he has dumped her. Its common for couples to break-up but mostly it would be due to tensions in the relationship. This guy broke-up with her 'cos his mom opposed their marriage and wanted him to get married to an Indian girl of Hindu religion.

I am an Indian myself but I just cannot accept this. If he had valid reasons that's a different case. But breaking up with a woman you love b'cos of what your mummy said is disgusting!!!!! And I hate his family as well... They put too much pressure on this guy to drop the girl. I really can't understand what's the problem with all these religions and cultures having to do between two people that like each other. It's 2006 go back and hide in your caves!!!!!!!

My other friends are telling me that this guy never had any intention of a long term relationship with her. In other words he only wanted her for one thing, sex. He got as much as he needed and now he has dropped her. And this is not even the first time I am hearing such things. I just cannot understand why such selfish jerks get the women.... they don't deserve it but those are exactly the people that get the good things. As illogical as this may sound I am even starting to think that the next time I see a girl I should probably think "wow she is hot... I should somehow have sex with her and later dump her" instead of "wow she is hot.. let's talk to her, get to know her, and see if we can have a relationship". It's like the universe is only rewarding people that have bad intentions in their mind... God, I wish I was a jerk...................

• Author

Nobody has any opinion on this???????????

Do you all agree with what my friend did????????????????????

• Author
No, I don't agree but it's his business, NC. Chill.

I do know that its none of my business Touche. But he is my friend... It obviously means something. I really can't say "You are my friend but I don't care what's going on in your life".

Well... whatever. I called him and said that I didn't like what he did!! Its not what he wanted to hear from me... but I can't help it, I am very blunt sometimes.

And seriously this "oh we belong to different religions so we can't date... we can't marry" is just getting to me. Am I really living in the USA???????? Why do they call this place Land of the Free??????

littlekitty

I don't think you're out of order for telling him that you didn't agree with him. You should be able to tell a good friend how you feel.

I personally don't understand it either NC. I think people should be allowed to marry whomever they choose regardless of race or religion.

However, to my knowledge, it's fairly common place for Indian parents to dis-own their children if they don't marry within the same religion, or ever the person they have choosen for them? While we are more open, their beliefs and culture are different. They are sticking to what they were taught is right in their culture.

And I suppose that it's really not up to us to insist that they ignore their culture and act like an American.

If he feels he has to respect his parents wishes, I think you have to let him do that.

Future generations will probably see less and less of this happening.

Guitar Wizard
One of my Indian friends has pissed me off big time.... He had a relationship with an American girl. It was going very well; she is a very very nice woman and was willing to make any sacrifice just to get married to him (like raising the kids in the Hindu religion instead of Christianity, following the Indian culture, etc..). But I just got the news that he has dumped her. Its common for couples to break-up but mostly it would be due to tensions in the relationship. This guy broke-up with her 'cos his mom opposed their marriage and wanted him to get married to an Indian girl of Hindu religion.

I am an Indian myself but I just cannot accept this. If he had valid reasons that's a different case. But breaking up with a woman you love b'cos of what your mummy said is disgusting!!!!! And I hate his family as well... They put too much pressure on this guy to drop the girl. I really can't understand what's the problem with all these religions and cultures having to do between two people that like each other. It's 2006 go back and hide in your caves!!!!!!!

My other friends are telling me that this guy never had any intention of a long term relationship with her. In other words he only wanted her for one thing, sex. He got as much as he needed and now he has dropped her. And this is not even the first time I am hearing such things. I just cannot understand why such selfish jerks get the women.... they don't deserve it but those are exactly the people that get the good things. As illogical as this may sound I am even starting to think that the next time I see a girl I should probably think "wow she is hot... I should somehow have sex with her and later dump her" instead of "wow she is hot.. let's talk to her, get to know her, and see if we can have a relationship". It's like the universe is only rewarding people that have bad intentions in their mind... God, I wish I was a jerk...................

Well, your friends a douchbag, yeah, we get it, total d-bag.

BUT!

It's not really any of our business. It was his call, no-matter how bad/wrong (Or Ba'dong as Kung Pow would say) we think it is.

So, yeah. He's a totall asshat bastard and that girl should smack him in the face, but oh well, these things happen.