Something smells like BS

A little background:

I had this friend who had a crush on me over a year ago. I turned him down because he is younger than I am, and still lives at home with his parents, and to me that's a major turn off. I really enjoy his personality, but he makes really good money and in my mind there is no reason he should be living at home other than immaturaty and laziness.

So, after I rejected him, we remained friends for a short time, and then we had a falling out, again due to his immaturity.

Recently, he's decided he wants to try the friendship thing again and told me he has matured a lot over the past year (briefly moved out with gf, but back with 'rents now). We went out the other night and things were great, and he invited me over to his place for dinner tonight.

I talked to him last night and things were still on, and got a txt at about 2:00 this afternoon:

"Hey, you prob dont wanna hear this but i jus woke up i got a flu n i dont think its the best way 4 you 2 meet my rents when im sick"

Me: "these things happen, get feeling better soon"

Him: "Meant 2 say my mom is sick. Had a long night last night"

So, obviously there is something fishy going on... should I call his BS, and find out what's really going on, or just walk away?

justagirliegirl

So? You had one date so now he is suddenly obligated to you?

Maybe he had a date with a woman who actually had respect for him and not disdain.

• Author

No, no one is obligated to anything, and no we didn't have a date. He wanted to rekindle a friendship that we had over a year ago. I was completely honest with him when I told him how I felt about his living situation. I knew at the time if one of us had unrequited feelings for the other, then it wouldn't work out, so I was fine with doing the NC thing. He came back to me knowing full well I did not want a relationship with him.

When we went out the other night, I told him specifically that I was only looking for a friendship, nothing more. It was a few days later when he decided to invite me over.

If something else came up, he could have just told me. Why lie about it? I hate being lied to and I just feel so bloody mad right now... What is wrong with people? I am so straight forward, and all I ask is the same in return, how can that be so hard?

If someone else has underlying issues or agendas it can get confusing and unmanageable. Like you, I far prefer those who are straightforward. I'm not a game player.

• Author
If someone else has underlying issues or agendas it can get confusing and unmanageable

True enough. I'm not interested in having any added drama in my life, so I guess it is best that I return to NC with this guy. It just kinda stinks....

I even baked cookies to bring over for the dinner.... at least I have some comfort food to help with the sadness.