Friend or Foe?

I recently got back in touch with a male friend of mine. We hadn't spoken in 4 years. We started emailing one another and things were fine until I told him I was a single mom. He replied with "I think differently of you" and when I asked what that meant, he said, he was just noticing that I can't go somewhere in a moments notice. Now, he's not responding to my emails. My last email suggested a visit, and he hasn't replied at all. What's going on?

He's not interested in taking on the responsibilities that you represent. I would let it go and find someone who is not intimidated by your situation.

BTW - a single mom - or divorced mom.... there is a difference.

single = never married, divorced = obvious

bluechocolate

Yeah, what cal_gal said.

Or maybe he thinks differently about you because you didn't tell him about your child sooner?

Are you young?

The responsibilities that come along with dating someone who has a child are totally different than a person who has never had children.

IF you have a child, I would think that you would understand this concept.

I HOPE you are young, as your response about the perspective that comes with having children is making me very concerned for your childs' well being....

• Author

Well, I'm not 80 but I would consider 31 pretty young! What I'm saying is, we were always just friends. We never crossed that line. So why would the fact that I have daughter change our friendship. Its not like when my friends get married I say, wow that makes your life more complicated, we can't be friends now. All I'm saying is, it seems to me if he wanted a friendship it wouldn't matter if I had 1 daughter or 5 daughters. Maybe, i'm over looking that he could want more and that is why he sees things differently, and that I would get. Because of course children would complicate things. But not if your just talking about a frienship. Which is what I thought we had.

Cal_girl is pretty rude. please, spare me your bad advice. You can't understand English....