Her first day - should I send a gift?

notmakingsense

notmakingsense

There is a woman who is a friend of mine that is starting a new job in a brand new career. I have thought about pursuing her romantically (she is single), but haven't yet -- and won't for a while due to a rough break-up that I'm going through.

Anyway, I want to send her a gift to arrive at her new office on her first day. I have a nice plant picked out and a congratulatory note to go along with it.

My question is this -- I think she knows I could be interested in her. Is sending a gift to someone on their first day at a new office considered a little too invasive, is there any chance that it won't go over well because she won't know anyone else in the office?

If you are friends, depending on what is in the card, it shouldn't be construed as bad.

Eventually after a day or so it should get to her. There is not much you can do other than deliver it yourself. Call the company for confirmation and see if she calls to say thank you.

• Author
notmakingsense

Thanks Jerbear -- it is a very small office, and I have found a local florist that will deliver the plant directly there. I'm just going to be saying "congratulations on your new job!" in the note. I was just wondering if her new boss would be put off by her receiving a gift on her first day.

• Author
notmakingsense

Oh Darn! Do you think she'll get embarrassed? The order has already been placed. I just thought it would be kind of cool to send her a plant for her new office directly there. I hope it isn't too wierd.