My best friend has a new friend

Jayhawkgirl

I am 26 years old and I feel like a Jr. High kid writing about this, but it's on my mind so here goes...

I have been best friends with my bf for 3 years. We do a lot together and share everything. She moved to a new city, and about 9 mos. later I moved, too. This is the problem...

I have a boyfriend now but still go out of my way to involve her and do things with her (without him around). I want her to know that she will always be my best friend. But, she has a friend at work (another girl) that she does things with all the time...that I am not included in. It drives me nuts! I get the feeling that this other girl doesn't like me & that's why I'm not invited when they go out. Even today, I went out of my way to get tickets to a performance that we could all three go to together, and last minute the "other girl" backed out!

How do I approach my friend about this without her being defensive? Am I wrong to be upset? It doesn't bother me that she has other friends, just that I'm not included when they hang out.