Today I Lost My Only True Friend

I am not the type of person to have many friends, especially women. The only true friend I ever had was a girl I met in jr. high. We met right after my mom passed away. She helped me cope and she always stood up for me. She was great. We talked for hours on the phone about the silliest things and she showed me how to be tough. We were always together. For a while we lost contact and once we started to talk again it was as if we never lost contact. She was my little bully.

Today my bf came to the house and told me " I need to talk with you, **** passed away last night" at first I did not know what he was telling me but then it became clear. My dear friend for 10 years is gone. I am going to miss her so much.

The last time we spoke she asked me to go to a baby shower she was having for her cousin, which I did not go to. Now I feel so bad. I should have went but I did not. There went my last chance of seeing her.

It's so ironic that the same thing that took away my mom took her too. :(

I'm sorry, naive.

It's really cliche, I know, but life is just too short. The older we get, the more we realize time moves by just too quickly. We have to make the most of the time we are given, because life itself is never a given.

I am truly sorry for your loss, Naive, she sounds like an awesome friend to have had.

once we started to talk again it was as if we never lost contact.

Those kinds of relationships are rare, and I'm glad you and she had that. I honestly don't think she'd want to you to beat yourself up because y'all hadn't spoken since the last time ~ I imagine she was happy knowing that yours was the kind of friendship that was seamless no matter how much time passed between calls or letters.