Cause for worry????

SARose61

I had a pretty close friendship with a coworker many years ago. It turned rather ugly because she grew dependent on our friendship. Actually I think she set herself up to want to be like me, in every aspect of life. She had some pretty deep emotional issues, depression, mother that would not let her become her own person. To make matters worse I encouraged her to apply for a promotion at work, she got it but did not do well and eventually under pressure from her new boss she quit and I think she blamed me for all of this.

Eventually I started feeling uncomfortable around her. It was almost like I felt that she was stalking me, watching me. She would show up out of the blue unannounced at my home. She would make subtle comments that would leave me thinking she meant to do me harm and that she actually did not like me. I finally managed to just show less and less interest in our friendship and she eventually stopped contacting me. This was over 3 years ago. Today I received an envelope from her at work. It contained only a copy of a graduate school catalog, with a marker on a page for graduate studies in the course of study for which I hold a bachelors degree. No note, nothing. I would have thought maybe it would say something like thought you might be interested? I heard that she had gone on to get a Masters. Maybe this is her way of saying in a subtle way that she finally beat me at something. Maybe she wants me to contact her so that she can tell me about her accomplishments. Honestly I hope that she did excel. I felt bad that things had not worked out for her, where we both worked. But her behavior towards me at the end was alarming. Sending this package to me has awakened those feelings of alarm. Maybe I should just not worry about it. Wait and see if she makes any other attempts at contact. But keep a watchful eye. It just gives me the creeps. I did let some of the coworkers that new her know I received the package just to be safe. Do you think I am overreacting about the package?

Rose