Jealous friend?

jen_jen_heartbroken

jen_jen_heartbroken

Earlier this evening one of my closest friends called. Eventually she got around to asking how things are going with the new guy I've dating (4 dates so far). I told her that things were going very well....we are compatible...we are very attracted to one another. Then I mentioned that he dropped off another greeting card in my mailbox the morning following our last date on Tuesday, and that he also brought me a small gift when we met for our date.

Now, mind you, this guy literally is the "boy next door". He is my neighbor, so I don't think it's too weird that he's dropped off cards.....it's not like he's ringing my bell uninvited, driving across town to deliver them, or anything strange like that. But my girlfriend starts to call him a psycho and said that he's a stalker. He calls me once every other day. I've had stalkers before, and nothing he's done even comes close to it.

Then I mentioned that the gift he gave me was a small Japanese painting, and that he's into that kind of stuff because he used to practice Judo. Then she said, "Well, see....there you go....he is psycho." She started to tell me that I should make sure my doors are tightly locked at night and to keep a knife under my bed.

I just couldn't believe her reaction. She was actually getting pissy with me on the phone. And then she snipped at me and said, "Well, I have to go jump in the shower. So goodbye."

My friend is single and has a hard time keeping a guy interested in her. Could this be jealousy? Because I can't understand why she just wouldn't say, "That's great Jen. I'm happy you found a nice guy." What other reason could there be for her pissy reaction?

Well damn.. so a Guy you like, have an interest in, are dating is now considered a stalker because he put a greeting card in your mail box and *gasp* gave you a gift :confused:

:laugh:

Hmm.. it could be your friend is feeling jealous that you're happy and found someone you like.. more jealous that the Guy in question seems to be into you especially if she herself is single and lonely..

Honestly I cannot think of another reason your friend would say these things about this Guy other than she is feeling a little green.. it isn't as if this guy is sleeping on your door step, following you to work and giving you like his toe nail clippings as a gift sheesh! :laugh:

• Author
jen_jen_heartbroken

Thanks Merin. You confirmed what my Mom said too when she called after I spoke to my friend.

I mean, yeah...God forbid a guy should actually SHOW his interest for a woman in harmless, thoughful ways.

I remember that she said, "It's not normal guy behavior." And I shot back with, "Well, maybe not for the guys you date." I guess that was a low blow, but she was really irritating me with her criticism.

When I told her that he wasn't pressuring me for sex, she came back with, "Yeah, well, he's still trying to figure out if he likes girls. He sounds gay."

And all I could think after I hung up with her is "remind me again why I'm friends with her?"

Originally posted by jen_jen_heartbroken

Thanks Merin. You confirmed what my Mom said too when she called after I spoke to my friend.

I mean, yeah...God forbid a guy should actually SHOW his interest for a woman in harmless, thoughful ways.

I remember that she said, "It's not normal guy behavior." And I shot back with, "Well, maybe not for the guys you date." I guess that was a low blow, but she was really irritating me with her criticism.

When I told her that he wasn't pressuring me for sex, she came back with, "Yeah, well, he's still trying to figure out if he likes girls. He sounds gay."

And all I could think after I hung up with her is "remind me again why I'm friends with her?"

Thats crappy Jen.. you know honestly when you see one of your friends happy unless the guy is a total assclown and it's freakin obvious he's an assclown (like cheating, lying things like that) then even if the guy in question wouldn't be for me so much IF my girl is happy with him and he's making her smile.. I'm happy for her and keep the negative BS to myself...

If this is your girls attitude with other relationships it could be a good indicator as to why she is single and lonely...

Hang in there girl :)

Tell your friend he locks the door every night before he gets in bed with you. Her reaction to that should give you your answer. :lmao:

Originally posted by Star Gazer

Uh oh, according to her then, you have a gay stalker!! Look out, next thing you know you might find yourself with an entire new wardrobe and a redecorated house!! :lmao:

:lmao::lmao: just, :lmao:

• Author
jen_jen_heartbroken

Funny responses guys! I definitely could use some redecorating around here1 :p

So my next question is, should I confront my friend on her jealous response or let it slide? We were supposed to hang out this Saturday, but all of a sudden she's "busy".

I know how you feel Jen Jen, I got that feeling on the weekend too with my friends.

I was out with my two closest (girl) friends. They are both single.

Ended up staying over. In the morning my boyfriend rang me out of boredom.

A couple of times throughout the morning. I talked to him for about an hour one time, half an hour another.

My friends were like "His rang you more then once, his obsessive", "this is our time with you not his"

One of them said "Was I this bad when I was with my ex?"

My boyfriend was only ringing me out of boredom. He must've been really bored to ring me more then once. He doesn't normally do that.

I just thought man, I was okay when both of you had boyfriends and I was the single one in the group and that was being the only single one. In that group of friends.

My boyfriend was giving out hints that he wanted an invite out to lunch with us but I thought it better be just us girls.

They were already bitching about him. I didn't want to make it worse. I know they don't hate him, they also think he is the best boyfriend I have ever had but I just don't want them to start to hate him because of little things like that.