hurt and guilt about friendship

theunknownone

theunknownone

Well, long story short..I'm (well, almost not) friends with an ex which told me a lot of personal stuff. However, at the time, I was confused and told people who I thought I could trust about stuff going on with my ex (not just personal stuff, but some other hurtful things). Problem was, these things all got back to him. Some of these problems involved having a fwb, except I still had feelings for him.

However, I still want friendship. The fwb has ended (since he's in a relationship), and he doesn't want any more contact from me.

I'm wondering..is their any hope for any kind of friendship between us? Although we've had our discrepencies, I still care about him as a person. It really hurts everyday to wonder if hadn't I broken his trust if I would be in this boat. Thanks.

Did you apologize and ask forgiveness? Maybe he thinks you're a crazy chick with a big mouth and just wants to hang with his new friend.

It's probably time to move on. If you see him, just apologize again and let it go.

Remember the lesson you learned in this. Good luck. Go and be happy again.

This is a lesson I have learned also. You know, your friends are supposed to be people you can run your mouth to about your boyfriend and know it won't get out but that's not always the case. Especially if it's some juicy details. Better to leave your insults and negative comments about people to yourself.

My ex also ran his mouth about me to his friends and it got back to me also. People just run their mouths. I will never forget the bad things he said. I would say you should let this guy go. Apologies are sometimes just not enough. Learn your lesson and move on. :o

Originally posted by theunknownone

I'm wondering..is their any hope for any kind of friendship between us?

At this point, no--he's made it clear he doesn't want to have any kind of contact with you. Respect his wishes.

Learn from this experience, but don't beat yourself over what happened. You felt you could confide in your friends, and they did the wrong thing in telling your ex what you had said. The situation could have been reversed, and you would be angry or hurt over any comments he may have made about you. Just let it rest for now.