texts not responded to

No, I wouldn't (consider the friendship over). Friendships are about shared interests and philosophies and the milieu of life. They're not accounting exercises. Send it and let it go. What happens happens. If the dynamic no longer feels positive and uplifting, move on to one that is. One can make that choice at any time, for any reason or no reason at all.

Also, technology. Communications aren't perfect.

In my case, living alone, the first thing that friends think if I don't respond is that something has happened to me. I work on dangerous stuff so such worries are well-placed. Haven't had one yet, well except for the wife of a male friend who was on a bi-polar bender, chastise me for not immediately getting back to them. Concern is the general first thought.

Up to you. You can choose to process that lack of response any way you wish. All are valid for you.

No not over. Depends what you said. We need details. How long apart were the messages? How often does she check her cell phone?

A lot of texts are currently going missing between my phone and my husband's. I sure hope we're not over!

Thing is, there isn't a rule here. It depends on the dynamic of the relationship...and also what was said in the texts.

if somebody ignored 4 texts, would you deduce that the friendship was over?

no I wouldn't...I would actually call them to ascertain what was going on

• Like 2
no I wouldn't...I would actually call them to ascertain what was going on

If you like the person, this is the correct answer.

If you don't like the person, then be happy that they are not responding.

• Like 1
CrazyKatLady

It wouldn't bother me to much if it wasn't a very strong friendship or a newer one.

But then again, I can be wishy-washy at times. Or at least, I used to be...I am working very hard to hold myself accountable and to a higher standard starting today...I'm sorry if you would like more out of your friendship. I can understand if you texted a couple of times, how it might bother you that they aren't responding...maybe it just wasn't a priority for that person at the time, or they were dealing with something, or they had an issue with you in mind and simply blew you off until they sorted it out...people can be unpredictable...we never know what is sensitive to them or not--even if you know someone for years...people change, their attitudes change, their opinions change...hopefully, you get a response from them that you are seeking...and in the meantime, try not to put to much emphasis on why that person isn't responding--as carhill said--it's kind of whatever with friends...if you want to be there when they respond, you can hash it out then, if not--that is also your prerogative in the moment...I would hope a friendly convo ensues and acceptance is made on both sides with the situation if that is what you wish, if not...ehhh...life goes on...at least you picked a course that brought you to happiness.