Is my friend controlling?

whattodo77

Hi everyone,

I have known this male friend (I am female) for approximately 7 years.

I am starting to get a little "over" the friendship now and how he treats me and it just dawned on me that this guy might be a control freak.

Every time I say something he doesn't agree with he will always say "goodbye" and walk off and then block me across ALL social media or if we are in a phone/text conversation he will end it and block me.

Sometimes we haven't had a disagreement and he will just block me out of the blue and then unblock me again after a couple of months and come back like nothing happened. It's really bothering me.

I have recently gone through a break up from a long term relationship. I was blocked at this time and just last week he unblocked me to ask how i am and then told me to remove my social media profile picture that i have up of me and the ex and i said "no" then he said "do you love him?" i said "yes, i still love him" and then he said "goodbye and have a happy life with him" and blocks me AGAIN for maybe the 100th time in the 7 years I have known him. I can't tolerate this anymore. Is he controlling? This is a 32 year old man!!!!

How am i best to handle this going forward as no doubt he will unblock again and the cycle restarts.

todreaminblue

maybe he has read too many pua books.....sounds very immature....the block delete thing...have you tried talking to him about how it makes you feel?...deb

• Author
maybe he has read too many pua books.....sounds very immature....the block delete thing...have you tried talking to him about how it makes you feel?...deb

Thank you for your reply. That's the thing, every time he does it and he comes back we chat about it and he says he is sorry and wont do it again but it's just a matter of time before he blocks again. It's really annoying me.

todreaminblue
Thank you for your reply. That's the thing, every time he does it and he comes back we chat about it and he says he is sorry and wont do it again but it's just a matter of time before he blocks again. It's really annoying me.

personally,i would go the last chance option....

say hey i accept your apology and thank you for apologising...but i cant and wont accept this behavior anymore this is your last chance with our friendship block me again don't bother adding me because i wont accept....if i upset you in the future just talk to me about it and we can work it out together without you hitting block delete(add a smiley face here)..

thats what i would do if were you........

i wish you well and hope it works out alright with you.....good luck....deb

• Like 2

whattodo77,

Ask yourself what you are getting out of this so called "friendship"?

This guy is so childish it's a wonder he's out of nappies (diapers).

You block him for good and find someoen to have a mature friendship with :rolleyes:

This is the adult version of the five-year-old tantrum. He sounds like a total nut and dictator. And yes, of course, he's controlling. Do NOT get romantically involved with him and I really am not sure why you'd want to remain acquaintances with him treating you so rudely. Why are you putting up with someone who treats you like that? You need to sit down and set some standards. I mean, if you did that to someone, would you expect the to still be civil next time you deigned to talk to them? 90 percent of people would not.

Agree its very childish and knocks around a person's emotions to act like that. Not cool at all. Yes I would say it's a controlling characteristic.

To just walk in and out of your life as it suits him, that's just a crappy way to treat someone and and has no consideration for how it's effecting you.

And I certainly would not want to date a person like that... Or even be their friend for that matter.