Best friend turn into Ex best friend turned into stalker?

HighMami

In July my former best friend blocked me from FB RANDOMLY with no explanation. She also blocked my number. We were just talking on the phone the day before! Her and I have been friends for over 8 years. I met her when I was 17. As we got older our lives were changing. She was getting engaged and had a baby on the way. I was constantly working and had a serious relationship myself but no matter what we always stayed in touched. We rarely argued until I started dating my ex. She even tried to sabotage my relationship with him! I stopped talking to her for about a month until she came back into my life. I forgave her only because she was going through a rough time with a breakup and other issues. I felt like she was desperate for my attention because of what she was going through and felt like my ex would interfere with that.

So a year goes by after that incident and our friendship is back to normal. She started to date someone new and I was happy for her. She ended up moving 8 hours away with this person and I supported it. But when she moved, she started to change. Always getting mad at me. Then she pulled the blocked card with NO EXPLANATION. So at this point, I was already pissed off so I made a public post about her and sure enough, she left a comment. Claiming I was never there for her which is complete bull****. Blah Blah Blah.

I told myself that she was out of my life for good and I meant that. Now all she does is stalk my life. She has multiple fb accounts and even fake accounts. This girl is all kinds of crazy. I have to block all her accounts and set my fb page completely private. This morning she messaged me again! I'm frustrated. I already explained to her months ago about this. She just won't stop. I don't know what to do! Any advice??

25, eh? Similar for her? It's the age. Everything can be so dramatic.

If you're comfortable with your resolution of the former friendship, complete the disconnection and consider it part of the past. That means resisting any interaction and eliminating all contacts means just like we do with relationship NC on LS.

Getting zippo will, over time, cause her to focus on another shiny object and you'll be forgotten. Cool? It just takes some time. Give it a few months. It'll be better by spring.

• Author
25, eh? Similar for her? It's the age. Everything can be so dramatic.

If you're comfortable with your resolution of the former friendship, complete the disconnection and consider it part of the past. That means resisting any interaction and eliminating all contacts means just like we do with relationship NC on LS.

Getting zippo will, over time, cause her to focus on another shiny object and you'll be forgotten. Cool? It just takes some time. Give it a few months. It'll be better by spring.

Thank you!

The physical won't be a problem, due to distance, but beware of the electronic. You may have to change your phone number because blocks only work if you know the number to block and stalkers can get creative with that, as well as other electronic interactions. Best advice, presuming you want this done, is don't engage. Hole in the water. Disappear. Yeah, it might crimp social media for awhile but that's a balance you'll need to weigh. IME, NC works.

• Like 1

Your generation places too much importance on social media. I have always lived my life on my terms without caring what others say. If someone turns a friend against me based on what my friend heard, that is no friend to begin with. What matters in life are physical friends that you go out with and talk to on the phone. Those Facebook friends are not friends just because Facebook labels them as such and yet so many have been brainwashed into thinking they are friends simply due to the label. Do what I do. Set your Facebook so that only Friends can post and only Friend those people you like. Why do you need the Public to see your posts anyway. Are you are great philosopher that we all need to hear? I am on all the major social media outlets and yet only those I want to can post or read my posts. If you want Public exposure like the movie stars, than you have to learn to live with the consequences. Who cares if she is stalking your life? What does it matter other than in your mind? This stuff is really not a real problem at all.

• Like 1