Best friends husband

Cool Chick

I've been having some sporadic issues with my best friends husband. I've found he can be a bit inappropriate with the things he says, but I'm not sure if I'm being too sensitive, or he's just an ass.

On one visit to their place he started asking about my sexual preferences....what I did to masturbate etc. I'm a very private person and never talk about my personal sex life etc. so his questioning and badgering made me extremely uncomfortable and upset. He wasn't asking in a thoughtful way either, he was giggling and snickering.

To me this is way out of line. Thought from anyone else?

Does this border on harassment?

No you are not being overly sensitive. That's disgusting. In response to such a Q I'd probably ask him when he became a pervert, told him it was none of his business & changed the subject. If he didn't change the subject I would have left.

It's gross and it would make me uncomfortable, too. But the giggling makes it a tiny bit less sinister and creepy. It sounds more like he's an immature idiot.

Either way, it's unacceptable. Have you spoken to your friend about her husband? Does she know he makes you uncomfortable? She should know.

• Author

Yeah, she knows about the incident as she was there when it happened. She's an extremely kind hearted person but also very passive and rarely stands up for herself. I don't like the way her husband treats her sometimes. She always asks his "permission" to do things yet he just does what he wants without consulting her to see if she had any prior plans.

On day she parked in the driveway a little crooked and he made her go straighten the car out. She did it but as he was badgering her I up and told him to "stop being an ass". I don't think he was expecting to be called out on his behaviour. Mind you, this was after the little incident with me so I didn't feel bad in the least for calling him out.

• Like 1