Should I abandon this friendship?

Art Vandelay

Hi LS. Recently I've reconnected with a friend from about 10 years ago. At this point in my life I really appreciate a new friend. I'm an older guy and I don't make friends easily; it's one of the goals I set for myself during my breakup. Anyway, we've been talking quite a bit through text and we met for drinks one night and talked for hours. Here's the thing - this girl almost never asks me anything about my life or me and she knows I'm hurting over this breakup. Even if I wasn't I feel it's important that conversation is a two way street, but it's always about her. So should I try to salvage this friendship by being honest and telling her about that? Or would you just let it go?

Thanks guys.

I'd let it go as in not mention it to her, but I'd be less available to be her audience of one.

See her when & if it's convenient for you but work on making other friends.

If you are trying to broaden your circle, get involved with a group that does something you care about.

Oh man I wish I could help you but my BFF of over 30 years is exactly like that! In a one hour conversation, she will talk about her own life probably 75-80% of the time. On occasion I do try to insert myself and talk about what's happening with me. It's a difficult thing because other than that, she's been a great friend and I always have fun with her.