New friend ignores me in group

It's a bit of a longish story.

Several months ago I bumped into "Annie" who I met professionally over 15 years ago but never had a friendship all that time. Now that we are in the same separation/divorce boat, we've become friends. There are two other women in our group and we have been a foursome going out several times a month for several months now.

"Annie" is a mild-mannered but confident business woman who introduced each of us to one another. "Beth" is much younger than the rest of is, she is a bit reserved/shy. "Cora" is a couple of years younger than me. She is very attractive, sexy, vivacious, expressive, outgoing and is a great flirt. I have always been drawn to people with this type of personality because I myself can be shy and a bit insecure around people I don't know. I do enjoy her company and she generally seems to enjoy mine. When we car-pool to events she seems interested in what I think or am doing (dating wise), and we are very chatty.

Here's the issue I have. When we all go out, "Cora" only walks with either "Annie" or "Beth", never with me. It's always that way and I'm beginning to wonder why. It's confusing because she is otherwise very friendly to me and always is complimentary when I'm feeling a bit insecure about dating. I don't feel that I am close enough to ask her about why she does this.

Any thoughts or advice?

• Author
What do you mean she never walks with you? Like from the car to wherever you're going?

Right. Since there are four of us, we tend to walk in pairs as to not take up so much space that others cannot pass by. And she never walks next to me, only with the other ladies. Okay, this sound ridiculous I know, but I find it odd and it sort of hurts my feelings. I just want to understand why person 1 would walk and talk to persons 2 & 3 but not person 4. Liked I'm iced out with this particular gal.

And as mentioned in original post, we have great conversations when we are carpooling or when we're all sitting at a table.

• Author
Do you ever initiate walking with her? She could be wondering the same thing about you ;)

She's very much an alpha gal and always takes charge in all situations within this group. And always positions herself with one of the other two friends. Believe me, she is NOT wondering the same thing.

Well, guess I'll just have to live with it.

Maybe she talk to you more often than with the other girls, so she can use this situation?

And how she treat you when you sit and talk? She forgot about you whether talk to you too?

• Author
Maybe she talk to you more often than with the other girls, so she can use this situation?

And how she treat you when you sit and talk? She forgot about you whether talk to you too?

I've only known her for a couple of months and we only talk maybe twice a month when we all go out. She talks to "Annie" often since they have been friends for a long time. It's an odd situation that I've never experience before. That's why I'm so puzzled by it.

So she talk to you and only don't walk with you? It seems wrong to me you are upset. I suppose she don't do it because she don't like you. Maybe it just out of habit? Even if she like more long year friend, don't worry. They know each other longer... Your relationship is different, but no worse.