LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

manipulation

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amaysngrace

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2017, 6:49 PM   #1
Established Member

manipulation

I dropped a so-called friend for being verbally abusive, which happened a few times. So although I will no longer see her and a mutual friend together, I know I have made the right desicion, and the mutual friend and I are still in touch. Which I hope carries on.

But I know the dropped friend will want to meet up again with me. And will use the mutual friend as go-between. All this will happen when it is my ex-abuser's birthday comes around in a month's time. I was invited but pulled out, due to the abuse.

The abuser likes giving advice, which I do not like as it is not relaxing to have to prick up your ears and obey, and she throws tanrtrums too, abusive stuff comes out of her mouth, hissy fits, the works! She does not do this to the mutual friend at all, just picks on me.

We are all over 50, so I am aware that my abuser has enough life experience to know right from wrong in the first place, and quite likely has done it before. And so comes manipulation, using the mutual friend as go-between, prolly playing victim...

Any thoughts?

Last edited by darkmoon; 2nd October 2017 at 6:55 PM..
darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2017, 6:55 PM   #2
Established Member

I try to avoid manipulative people whenever possible.

Life's just better that way.
Old 3rd October 2017, 7:50 PM   #3

If you think you do not want to see this person, you should not.
carine is offline   Reply With Quote