LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

I think my work friend is being a jerk

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Old 10th September 2017, 1:16 AM   #1

I think my work friend is being a jerk

I told my work friend I'd want to have X job title one day, and she apparently thought I was aiming too high. Since then on she would call me X from time to time, and it bothers me because I feel like she's doing it mockingly, especially since it's become clear she doesn't think I'm that smart.

I try to be understanding since I know she's insecure about her own intelligence (she's more of a C student and didn't graduate from college), but it's becoming annoying the way she keeps acting like she knows more than me and dismisses my opinion with a laugh or a sarcastic comment.

Can someone tell me if I'm just being oversensitive or if my work friend IS being a jerk?
wtfmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2017, 3:43 AM   #2
Established Member

Are you studying for this role you want? If so, remind her of the great grades you're getting in your studies and how long it will be till you graduate.

If you're not studying, tell her that everyone is allowed a dream and to back off.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2017, 5:12 AM   #3
Established Member

Yes, your friend is being a jerk for sure...real friends support you in your dreams and ambitions and don't bring you down - it's also worrying that she dismisses your opinions and acts like she knows more than you, this doesn't sound good to me
Dear Lady Disdain is offline   Reply With Quote