How do I make friends after graduating college?

HiCrunchy

I have recently graduated college and moved back home.

I have full time job, but I am just friendly with co-workers and do not have many friends because the kind of job I do is very independent.

I went to university in Philly and have moved back to nyc. Most of my friends from uni were from the west coast and they moved back home or have stayed in philly. I am not in contact with my hs friends anymore. Even so some of them are in different cities since they moved away to go to their own universities after hs, so getting back in contact may not be for the best.

I am living at home with my strict parents (which is mentally taxing) because I can't afford to rent an apartment on my own in nyc with my salary.

I have no friends, dating life or freedom.

I feel very alone and drained. How do I make new friends?

CautiouslyOptimistic
I have recently graduated college and moved back home.

I have full time job, but I am just friendly with co-workers and do not have many friends because the kind of job I do is very independent.

I went to university in Philly and have moved back to nyc. Most of my friends from uni were from the west coast and they moved back home or have stayed in philly. I am not in contact with my hs friends anymore. Even so some of them are in different cities since they moved away to go to their own universities after hs, so getting back in contact may not be for the best.

I am living at home with my strict parents (which is mentally taxing) because I can't afford to rent an apartment on my own in nyc with my salary.

I have no friends, dating life or freedom.

I feel very alone and drained. How do I make new friends?

Have you tried Meetup?

• Author
Have you tried Meetup?

I never heard of it so I just googled it.

Though I am not sure people actually follow through with the meet ups but it doesn't hurt to try.

Thanks for the suggestion

Reconnect with friends from HS. Befriend co-workers. Meetup is an awesome suggestion especially for a city like NYC. Find an alumni group from your college. Also try volunteering somewhere. There are tons of junior committees for every charity & museum in the City. Go work with one. Do a ski house, a shore house or a summer share in the Hamptons next year.

• Like 1