Should I block my friend's number

PKrueger24

A buddy of mine is moving to another state tomorrow. On Monday he messaged me and asked if I'd be around this week to hang out before the move. I didn't want to, so I didn't respond. Last night he sends me this:

"I know I'm moving away and you'll probably never see me again, but I gotta apologize for being a jerk at times. I know I could've been a better friend, so I'm sorry. That said, I can't help feel a bit disappointed, because you're the closest thing I've had to a friend in a long time, and so I was hoping I could become a good friend of yours over the last year that I've known you.

You talk about how you hate it when people ignore your texts or don't acknowledge you, but when I make an effort to be your friend, you treat me that exact way, and then still go on about how you consider me your friend! I once considered you a very good friend of mine, and given that I've tried many times to be a better friend to you, I doubt you were ever one at all. I don't know if it's because I'm really not cool enough for you to be seen with or whatever the reason is, but I don't like it when people pretend to be my friend. I don't even expe t any sort of reply from you, but even though I do wish you all the best, you're not nearly as good a friend as I once thought.

I didn't reply to this either. Should I block this guy's number?

Yes. He was taking a shot at you before he left. Don't suppose he's someone who had a crush on you and was trying to get close because of that and is now resentful? Either way, whatever. Block him.

Scarlett.O'hara

You clearly hurt his feelings by not even showing him the courtesy of responding. It is understandable why he felt that way. Were you deliberately trying to hurt him?

It would have taken you 30 seconds to say that you were busy or whatever the reason was that you didn't want to see him. He called you out on your hypocrisy, but at the same time he was willing to acknowledge his own failings throughout your friendship. Personally, I respect a friend with that kind of self reflection and honesty.

If there are other issues going on in this friendship that you haven't mentioned, then block him if you must, but know that based solely on what you have written, it comes across as a petty and immature.

Don't underestimate the value of honest communication.

• Like 3

If you don't like them and don't want to hang out with them before they leave, then you should probably make it so you can't receive texts or calls from them any more.

It doesn't matter who's right. Blocking a phone number is what you do when you don't want to hear from someone anymore. I think it's pretty obvious you don't like this person, so do it.