Finding friends

Popsicle

Over time, I've been coming to the realization that friendship is very important to me. In the past, I valued relationships (romantic ones) more than friendship, but now I have taken on a new perspective. I am unmarried and I have gotten off the dating sites but now I'm wondering if there are sites to make genuine friends?

I just want to make more good friends. I have a few but I want more.

Open to all suggestions. (except rude ones ;))

I don't know of any sites. Friendships are more organic. Try alumni groups to reconnect with friends from school; get involved with groups that do things you are passionate about; see what your neighbors are up to

• Like 1
  • Author
Have you tried Meetup?

Oh! Yes, I forgot about that. It's been a looong time though. I should get back involved.

• Like 3
  • Author
I don't know of any sites. Friendships are more organic. Try alumni groups to reconnect with friends from school; get involved with groups that do things you are passionate about; see what your neighbors are up to

I'd like to meet new people, but yeah, I should take up some new hobbies and attend events I've never attended before.

GorillaTheater

We're probably going to have a hurricane watch party this weekend. Come on by. Bring a pie or something.

• Like 3
  • Author
We're probably going to have a hurricane watch party this weekend. Come on by. Bring a pie or something.

I've never been to one. I'm there!

• Like 1