LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

How to dump a "friend" from your life who still texts you

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th September 2017, 9:17 PM   #16

This woman is a crappy friend. I would ignore her texts and she will eventually get the hint.
Purrrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2017, 11:56 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
This woman is a crappy friend. I would ignore her texts and she will eventually get the hint.
I am not the type to downright ignore though, especially given our "history."

So she texted me a few days ago and asked how things were going at the new job. I said things are good and then she asked about my dating life. Seems like she likes to keep tabs and hear my dating stories as I've "failed" at many during the time I've known her, and she is amused by my dating failures.

So it felt so good when I told her I now have a girlfriend.

She congratulated me but I could almost feel the "burn" on her end like "damn, I'm still single but Joe isn't anymore... WTF" lol.

I then asked how her dating life was and she said at a standstill but that it's ok for now because of blah blah blah.

I then told her I don't stay up late anymore and that I wish her to have continued success at her job (my old company).

She didn't even bother to text me good night back, lol. No hard feelings on my end -- it's whatever, but that's indicative of what a bad friend she is. I think she checks up on me once in a while just to hear "bad news" and reassure herself that Joe is still Joe. I always felt that feeling from her. Now that my life is on the upswing, I can sense a sort of sorrow coming from her. Like I've moved on and won't put up with her crap anymore!
CoolJoe is offline   Reply With Quote