a loan not a gift

This is not about a close friend.

Her credit card failed when we ordered a home-delivery of food. So I said "I have £20"

OK, so I paid. Asking for the money back is a hint that I do not want this freind as a close friend. She is too aggressive, and what follows from that is often disloyalty and unsupportiveness, of which she has shown some.

Since we have friends (aquaintances) in common, not all close to each other, I just now see her as one of the aquaintances. And she needs to know that, and to stop latching onto me, expecting to share confidences with each other, but to see each other around, at dinners out where we all meet up. There is one such woman in our crowd who is like that, but that is because she is busy, genuinely.

Any thoughts?

Edited by darkmoon

No you aren't getting the money back. If you only want casual & distant from this woman avoid one on one situations with her & only interact with her when you spontaneously bump into each other in groups

littleblackheart

This seems like a passive aggressive way of dealing with the situation. Why don't you nicely ask her for your £20 back?

• Like 1
amaysngrace

Who was the food for? Only her?

You sound like you're being a pretty crappy friend by keeping score the way you do. Personally I'd probably pay you 40 just to leave me alone.