LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Can men and women really be friends?

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2017, 7:48 AM   #16
Established Member

Yes, men and women can really be friends. It's much easier if neither has sexual/romantic attraction to the other, but it can be frustrating when one has such feelings and the other does not. But still worth it.

My best friend is a woman. I'm not her type physically/romantically, but she's mine - but she would be impossible to live with if that were ever an option, because she's damaged by several bad prior relationships. Besides, I am very happily married - so I have someone else who is the focus of my love and attention. Not that it would deter us, since we're all polyamorous - just not with each other. We all know where we stand on this, because we've discussed it. Perhaps something will change someday, but I'm not waiting for that to happen - I'm seeking other poly relationships.

I think your only real hope of maintaining a good friendship with her is to find someone else to love, who loves you back.

Last edited by central; 11th August 2017 at 7:51 AM..
central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 8:37 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomolvm View Post
Useat ihmiset uskovat, että mies ja nainen voivat olla platonisia ystäviä. Se on mahdollista, mutta ei alusta alkaen, yksi tärkeimmistä syistä.

I was about to say the SAME thing. It's uncanny.

OP, is your user name a tip to Clockwork Orange?
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote